Superior

Author Topic: If Roulette Table Layout Different, Would There be an Advantage  (Read 563 times)

scepticus

Re: If Roulette Table Layout Different, Would There be an Advantage
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2018, 11:53:39 PM »
scarface
By  column 1 do you mean 1-4-7-10 etc . ? which has 6 Reds ( and 6 blacks LOL )
or the column with 3-6-9- which has 8 ?

Scarface

• Mature Member
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2018, 12:32:17 AM »
The column with 3, 6, 9.. I might have them mixed up

Fyodor

• Mature Member
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2018, 01:13:42 AM »
There are several permutations regarding the table layout, however, my opinion, backed by dedicated research into this very issue, indicates that the current three columns, three dozens format is the most useful and efficient,
Any alternative option has to take into account the divisability of the total number of pockets, so, while it is possible to envisage a (four across × nine down) number grid, and the R & B distribution of EC's is better balanced than the original, C1,5R-4B, C2,5B-4R, C3,5R-4B, C4, 5B-4R, you would now have all the odd numbers in cols 1 and 3, and the evens in 2 and 4. (not forgetting that the (9 deep) cols now pay 3 to 1.
To top it off, all of the traditional fr. wagers are now thrown under the bus!
(And, the top, 0-1-2-3-4 wager?
-What would that pay?)
So, the table layout really only has three options, the original (3col-3doz), the above discussed (4col-3doz) or a square option (6col-3doz) which would allow more punters at the table, but make it effing awkward for the dealer!
I also have 1369 new wheel sequences for the EU wheel, that I sometimes play (successfully) by re-assignation, bit that is a future debate.

The following users thanked this post: Reyth, Scarface

dobbelsteen

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2018, 08:49:33 AM »
For different wheel or table layouts there are infinitely roulette methods and bet selections. The basic rules are the same for all methods. Hit chances do not change. Different players have their own preferences.