BetVoyager Portal

Author Topic: What's the definition of Hot Numbers?  (Read 1310 times)

MickyP

What's the definition of Hot Numbers?
« on: February 18, 2018, 12:22:10 PM »
The word "HOT" is commonly used to describe something that appears more than expectation. It is mostly used with the hitting trend of a single number. Hot is identified by studying past spins.
Any number, hot or not, has a one in thirty seven chance of hitting but the chance of each number hitting as expected never happens in a cycle of thirty seven spins.
To broaden the concept of "HOT" we could look at...
Splits
Single Street
Quad
Double street
Dozen
Column
High or Low
An example of this way of thinking is as follows: A quad will be identified as hot if two or more of the four number have appeared at least once in 8/9 spins.
HOT is also referred to segments on the wheel that produce winning numbers and the size of the segment varies according to single number spin history used to determine that hot segment. A segment may include cold numbers (same as cluster felt areas) but the cold numbers will only be identified after the fact. During play any of the numbers in your bet selection have an equal chance of coming up.
The word "HOT" always draws a lot of attention but the actual definition remains vague. It differs between player types and even differs between players of the same mindset.
How do you define HOT?

« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 12:26:45 PM by MickyP »

The following users thanked this post: kav, palestis

Reyth

• Global Moderator
Re: Hot.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 07:21:50 PM »
A quad is hot if the hit totals:number of spins ratio is greater than 1:9.25 .  Even if  its only one number that is providing those hits.  I don't worry about that as much as how each quad compares in that ratio with every other quad.  If the distribution of hits is NOT uniform where a part of the quad is hitting less often than the other parts, that makes it an even stronger candidate but especially if its the hottest quad.

As far as segments are concerned, roulette creates its own segments by defining groups of the hottest numbers.  It will always create these groups as if it is making its own wheel.  At the same time it will always form a segment on the actual wheel and the felt that is hotter than all the rest.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 07:28:13 PM by Reyth »

The following users thanked this post: MickyP

mr j

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 11:39:38 PM »
Hot quad? A quad is 4 numbers, correct? Why not bet the 4 hottest numbers on the board.

Lets say the current top 5 hottest numbers are, in order > 13 17 0 16 14.

I want to bet the four hottest. Guess what? F**k the quad. I'll bet the 13 17 0 16. If you want to bet the 13/16 split, have fun. Geeeeeeeez, you guys. Doesn't anybody ADVANCE their knowledge over the YEARS?

Its the same thing year after year. Nobody "moves on". I just dont get it.

Ken

The following users thanked this post: kav, Reyth

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 12:07:27 AM »
The reason why using a quad can make a difference is because of the discount in betting cost.

mr j

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 12:11:17 AM »
There's now a discount? I won't ask how. Please dont answer until I remove all medications, firearms & knives from my home. Give me a ten minute head start.

Ken

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 12:13:09 AM »
Semantics much?  If you bet 6 numbers s/u and compare the cost to betting a DS, you will notice that betting the DS costs less.  Thats it.  Simply the cost for the number of bets placed.  Thats the only reason.

I also said this:

As far as segments are concerned, roulette creates its own segments by defining groups of the hottest numbers.  It will always create these groups as if it is making its own wheel.  At the same time it will always form a segment on the actual wheel and the felt that is hotter than all the rest.

Which is effectively what you said about betting s/u numbers.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 12:15:44 AM by Reyth »

mr j

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2018, 12:21:55 AM »
 Whats the difference between betting $1 on 1-6 compared to betting $6 on the DS? Where is the discount?

and.....give me a reason why you would bet a DS.

Ken

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2018, 12:25:33 AM »
I have already explained it.  The cost per bet placed is less.  Period.  That is the ONLY reason.  Its better to bet s/u EXCEPT for that reason.

palestis

• Great Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 12:30:32 AM »
How do you define HOT?
That's a good question.
Hot  are the numbers that show up more frequently than all the others for a certain sequence of spins.
However,  in player's terms, hot means the above, with the stipulation that they will continue to be hot once the betting starts. If they don't they are useless.
Score boards display hot and cold numbers. In the past I tried to take advantage of that insider's info, but it didn't  end up well. And I don't think score boards list hot numbers erroneously on purpose. 
I made a list of hot numbers on my own, but once starting to play them things changed. ( not all the time, but often enough to abandon this idea).
In the first picture it shows 4,25,27,32 being the hottest numbers in 260 spins on Feb.14.
In the second round, same roulette on 15/2,  4 was still hot , but 25,27 and 32 became cold.
They didn't even make the average.
It's very easy to say play the hot numbers.
In reality things are different.
The best thing to do is to locate warming up numbers and play them while they are heating up.
Not all of them will become hot, but if you catch a few hot ones you win.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 12:33:58 AM by palestis »

Real

• Fighting the war on absurdity one foolish idea at a time.
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 01:47:23 AM »
It's also not helping that you're seeing a mix of different spin directions when you look at those old spin lists.

palestis

• Great Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2018, 01:55:19 AM »
So you have hot numbers from clockwise spins and hot numbers from CCW spins?
And could a number be hot in CCW spins and at the same time cold in CW spins?
If that's the case you make 2 lists.

Real

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2018, 01:57:18 AM »
1. Those old spin samples aren't that great.  You don't always know where one direction ends and another starts from day to day or even during the same day because of dealer changes.

2. I'd separate by spin direction if I were you.

palestis

• Great Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 02:13:12 AM »
Then the question is how do you know when a number is hot, and what is the indication that it will remain as such, when you start betting? That's when a hot number is useful,  and not when you are looking at it,
 wishing you had played it.
A number might show up 3 times on the score board (hot  to many viewers), and when the board turns that number might not show up for 50 spins.

Real

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 02:20:32 AM »
A number might show up 3 times on the score board (hot  to many viewers), and when the board turns that number might not show up for 50 spins.

That's how variance works.  Hot numbers, cold numbers, even biased numbers are subject to variance.  That's why I was amused about another thread where a poster didn't understand why someone would want to bet on biased numbers if they could sleep.  Of course the biased number is the best choice because it hits more frequently for a reason and it's long term expectation is that it will hit more frequently than probability would predict.

MickyP

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2018, 03:05:33 AM »
@Palestis. Nice answer to the question. I agree that one should try and catch hot numbers when they are warming up. Playing these numbers for a limited number of consecutive spins can produce wins but can just as easily create losses. Even biased numbers can sleep for hundreds of spins as one poster in another thread mentioned. Biased numbers are also subject to variance and as such betting on them to hit is an illusion of higher expectation.

The question is a simple one; "How do you define Hot?"
Palestis, you and Reyth got to the point in your posts but the rest, it seems, believe that there must be a sinister motive of some sort. Mr j recently published a system using hot numbers but I doubt if he has a definition of a hot number. Maybe he'll make the definition up as we go along.