BetVoyager Portal

Author Topic: Quantum Gambling...?  (Read 559 times)

heatmap

• Mature Member
Quantum Gambling...?
« on: February 11, 2018, 09:24:46 AM »

This paper outlines equations, of which i cant understand, and wish for someone to look at them and tell me what they think.

Please do a search within the linked article for the word roulett, which appears only once, and leads to the very last page, equations that are numbered sequentially, which says specifically that equations 21, 22, 23, 24 are generalized equations for quantum gambling.

To quote the paper,

However, in practice, there are much more diverse gambling protocols, such as Roulette or Lottery, where the one-shot gains are unbalanced and the expectation value of the gains are non-zero. As only the ratio of the one-shot gains matters, without loss of generality, we fix Alice’s one-shot gain to be 1 and Bob’s one-shot gain to be R. Now the task is to design a stable gambling protocol in which Bob’s one-shot gain is R and the expectation value of Bob’s gain Gb to be ?.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1408.6593.pdf

The following users thanked this post: kav, Reyth

Reyth

• Global Moderator
Re: Quantum Gambling...?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 07:17:55 PM »
Wow.  Sounds really interesting.

GIAJJENNO

• Mature Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 09:28:33 PM »
I dont understand a single word of this

heatmap

• Mature Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 10:56:14 PM »
@mister eko - i dont either - but this is someone is is telling us that they are describing a mathematical formula that gives a VARIABLE egde to YOU and a CONSTANT edge for the house. - At least thats what Ive taken from it.

GIAJJENNO

• Mature Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 01:34:53 AM »
And how, mate?  :D

scepticus

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 02:15:17 AM »
Isn't that what happens in our own gambling experience ?  Sometimes we win - sometimes we lose.
The Randomness of the winning numbers sometimes favours the House and sometimes favours us .
Which is why ( Plug Plug ) I think Flat Bets are the best way to go.
That is not to say that Progressive Betting cannot win - just that it  is too Risky. If you .compare the Bank needed for both and the profit generated by both will  there be much difference ? I think  that  Flat Bettors have greater confidence in their system than  Progression Bettors who rely on their progression rather than on their prediction. 

heatmap

• Mature Member
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 04:53:25 AM »
@scepticus sorry I meant to say that it says you can't make MORE then the house edge

Jesper

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 10:44:33 AM »
It is true flat betting is better if "you can relay on your prediction", Who can in a game as roulette relay of predictions?  Theoretical it is possible, if find a wheel which is not managed well, but  there to find that?

In short if it is possible to predict in a true sense, the game would have been different or not exist.

A flat bettor can win for long, if the bettor use an EC, and that EC allways stay a head. It would need a NOZ otherwise the house advantage will take over, in the long run an EC will not be ahead  the opposite  plus zero(s).

scepticus

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 01:16:09 PM »
Yes Jesper , that would be true if you  could define " The Long Run ". As someone said many years ago " In the Long Run we are all dead ".
We bet in the Short Run and mathematicians admit that we can win in the Short Run. Even having an Advantage does not mean that we must win - only that it is the Expectation. Too  many confuse Expectation with Certainty. There is no Certainty in Roulette.

Jesper

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 01:17:25 PM »
You can win despite an advantages!!

"The long run" can be below a million spins, I do on line and a million spins is less tha four years.

1000 in a day is common.  500 spins in a session is common.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 01:33:01 PM by Jesper »

The following users thanked this post: scepticus