Author Topic: The 4 Pillars strategy  (Read 13930 times)

Reyth

• Global Moderator
Re: The 4 Pillars strategy
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2018, 08:13:12 AM »
Because of variance, I would play it completely differently.  I would discover the hottest corner and use it for the 4 pillars and discover the hottest street (apart from the corner) and use it.  I would then construct the rest of the bets based on what spaces were available.

If a corner or street became hotter I would switch everything around.

The following users thanked this post: GIAJJENNO

sam41

• Mature Member
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2018, 11:49:24 AM »
Well you can never be too sure with free play if its legit or not but I have lost on it using other strategies so its not like it always makes you a winner. Plus you have big drawdowns, its not like the game knows you are increasing on wins, for all it knows you keep losing then quit in a huff. Also I've never lost playing for money and thats in online studio wheels that are apparently not trustworthy. Im sure it can lose as I have reached level 20 before and then had a nice run of wins to recover, but it could happen that the run then has losses instead. But it would be very rare.

sam41

• Mature Member
« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2018, 07:20:40 PM »
Just returning to this briefly - did an interesting test run today in free play mode where several losses hit in a cluster early on, and I lost around about a third of my bankroll. I continued to increase the bet size by 1 unit (7 total units) after each win and it didn't take long to get back in profit and be up around 200 units. I did hit two of the pillar numbers and a couple of the street numbers but that isn't to be so unexpected. I was on about level 12 when I got to this point. Normally I would reset to level 1 here, but I decided to keep increasing the levels just to see what would happen, after all, a lot of losing numbers had been hitting so perhaps a nice run was due? No! I had mixed results and by the time I was on to level 22 (and I would normally stop at level 20 and flat bet) I then got 6 straight losses, the most I've ever seen. This wiped out the bankroll.

So what did we learn? That it is vital to reset once in new high profit and not be greedy. Also probably best not to go past level 20 if you reach it.

What has remained unchanged is that the way I usually play this game once again gave me a good 200 unit profit which I would normally have hung on to. This despite a very bad start to the session.

The following users thanked this post: kav

sam41

• Mature Member
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2018, 10:59:22 PM »
Well, that is disappointing - just ran another test session in free play mode and wound up losing the bankroll. A LOT of losses were needed with no long win runs, but it happened. Of course it could happen on a real wheel too. I think this type of run is very rare but this is the reason I am reluctant to play this system for real - you need a huge bankroll and on the rare occasion it all goes wrong, that is a lot to lose. I hit 17 and 18 early on and was up by 11 units, but the target was 50 units. After this I never hit a pillar or even a street number, and the other wins were no more than 3 in a row. I had 7 losses in a row and 10 out of 14 spins lost.

I still think this is a great system for the player who has maybe £5000 bankroll but instead of playing with it all for £5 a unit, maybe best thing is just play £1 units and try to win £100, stop loss of £1000.  Most of the time this will happen really quickly and would be a nice 'stocking filler' for the player who usually looks to win more in his session. So just for a change of scenery from what you normally play, this might be nice for a break and then back to doing what you normally do.

The critic is saying 'but you have to win 10 sessions to handle just one defeat' and I would say I've probably won 50 sessions or so before today's losing one and often finished way above target because of landing on a pillar number when almost at target and therefore exceeding it by miles.

If I am able to build my bankroll up with Pale's single dozen system I would certainly consider playing this system for real to nick £100 here and there. Also because it is quite fun to play, apart from when you have a bad run of course but generally it is a really nice system and good to play.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 11:02:02 PM by sam41 »