BetOnline

Author Topic: Do we necessary need numbers in the game of roulette.  (Read 2283 times)

Jesper

Do we necessary need numbers in the game of roulette.
« on: June 19, 2016, 02:05:26 PM »
We have numbers on the carpet and numbers of the wheel. They are not in the same order on both. Should it matter which order it is?
If a ball drops in a slot, it is not any force make it drop there which has to do with the number. They could all be the same, and the reason we have numbered them, is to recognise the slots from each over. We could have other symbols, like, letters, pictures or special 37 set of symbols.

In roulette it is not like dice we must add together from two or more dices, getting a sum, it is just the slot which the ball fall i which show the winning, and the number is for us to
recognise the slot. Numerology does not work, for many reasons, but this is a strong one.

The following users thanked this post: Reyth

scepticus

Re: Do we necessary need numbers in the game of roulette.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 04:13:12 PM »
We have numbers on the carpet and numbers of the wheel. They are not in the same order on both. Should it matter which order it is?
If a ball drops in a slot, it is not any force make it drop there which has to do with the number. They could all be the same, and the reason we have numbered them, is to recognise the slots from each over. We could have other symbols, like, letters, pictures or special 37 set of symbols.

In roulette it is not like dice we must add together from two or more dices, getting a sum, it is just the slot which the ball fall i which show the winning, and the number is for us to
recognise the slot. Numerology does not work, for many reasons, but this is a strong one.

Interesting post Jesper but debatable.
There are similarities between roulette and "craps ". The main difference is that Craps has no "zero".
There are six dots on a die. There are six double-streets in roulette.
The results of two spins of a  roulette wheel has the same validity as one throw of 2 dice. Except for the zero.
So why shouldn't the total of 7 in two spins of the wheel not be equivalent to the total of 7 in craps ?
No. I am not stating an absolute but asking a question.  "Thinking outside  the box," so to speak.

Jesper

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 06:42:19 PM »
In roulette a number fall, we never add two. In crap or two dices we have often a sum of seven, The 36 different kinds is not 36 outcomes, as two trials can give the same total, but looks different. If that were the same using dices as a spin number 16-20 should have an other pay out and show up more often. We never get number 1 as sum in two dices.

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 10:33:27 PM »
I've come to the conclusion that the only way the actual numbers could matter is on a physical wheel and it would always relate to the location of the numbers on the wheel itself.  RNG does not have that possibility.

Obviously, we are not talking about the analysis of sequences of results which will always matter regardless of the results medium.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 08:49:43 PM by Reyth »

scepticus

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 11:56:51 PM »
In roulette a number fall, we never add two. In crap or two dices we have often a sum of seven, The 36 different kinds is not 36 outcomes, as two trials can give the same total, but looks different. If that were the same using dices as a spin number 16-20 should have an other pay out and show up more often. We never get number 1 as sum in two dices.
If number 4 wins on the first spin it is in DS 1( 1-6)
1 from7 is 6 so on the next spin why shouldn't DS 6  ( 31-36 ) not be favoured on the next spin ?
Of course it could be DS 1 again but if a total of 7 is favoured in craps why not roulette ?
Just  a thought outside the box !

Jesper

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 03:01:58 AM »
1 from7 is 6 so on the next spin why shouldn't DS 6  ( 31-36 ) not be favoured on the next spin ?
Of course it could be DS 1 again but if a total of 7 is favoured in craps why not roulette ?

It is thought many times before, and compare to craps does not work. DS is not as a dice. I recall a long thread about this in an other forum, a few years ago.

spins

• Mature Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 08:18:38 AM »
what are you left with colours and areas, whether you are using the wheel or the lay out for a bet selection, I can work with that 

scepticus

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 02:24:21 PM »

It is thought many times before, and compare to craps does not work. DS is not as a dice. I recall a long thread about this in an other forum, a few years ago.
The result from throws of a dice are random .The results of DS in roulette are random. Why are these two different kinds of random ?
What I am suggesting that this is a way of determining  what the next result may be. It may be useful for newbies who haven't a clue what to bet . Even maths geeks would ( I think ) agree that it should only lose 1 chip in every average  37 spins or ,if you also bet on the same spin the last DS, lose 2 chips over 37 spins. And if the variance  fairy smiles on you get the Hell out of there with your profit. To be a winner you must leave the table winning !

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 03:10:40 PM »
Yes and No.

We could create a new very similar game without numbers. Probabilities, payouts etc. would be the same.
But it would not be the same game.

For someone who has played roulette for many years, numbers are an integral part of the game. Without them it would not be the same.
Read this little story about Kavouras and the numbers.

Jesper

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 03:24:05 PM »
Yes and No.

We could create a new very similar game without numbers. Probabilities, payouts etc. would be the same.
But it would not be the same game.

For someone who has played roulette for many years, numbers are an integral part of the game. Without them it would not be the same.
Read this little story about Kavouras and the numbers.

The game will not be different at such, but our brain will for sure see it as a quite another game. Culture what we are use to has impact.  We see how much we can find trials of solutions using math, and it does not need to work, but still many solutions.

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 04:25:34 PM »
Meh.  The human mind is more complex than can be explained by us, so how can I say affinity for numbers doesn't relate to one's play in the game of roulette?  I simply can't.

However, I can say that I get the same thrill from knowing that I am playing a set of numbers that I have proven are vastly in my favor of coming in; its just the "knowing" that is so exciting while the wheel is spinning...

dobbelsteen

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 07:56:45 AM »

Scepticus see my 36 theory and the systems based on it. 36 Has the same meaning as the 7 with the dices .

For the Sreets is 13 the favorite sum

Sheridan44

• Mature Member
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 08:25:08 AM »
I find this subject interesting. I have formed a few Roulette modifications in moments of whimsy. Like multiple colors etc....

I once even made up a roulette-type game using the last 2 digits (after decimal) of the closing Dow Jones Industrial Average price. The board had the numbers 00 through 99. It was similar to the old "numbers racket" game of days gone by.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 08:27:41 AM by Sheridan44 »

scepticus

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 10:56:28 AM »

Scepticus see my 36 theory and the systems based on it. 36 Has the same meaning as the 7 with the dices .

For the Sreets is 13 the favorite sum

Where on the forum can I find your 36 theory.
Sum of 13 in Streets ? Please explain.

dobbelsteen

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 07:32:41 PM »
Number the Steets 1 to12.The most occurens sum is 13.  The basic of the triangle is the sum of two Streets.
 Numer 1 is zero + street1 and 24 is a repeater of the street 34/36.

This feature is also useble for the neighbors when you number the neighbors 1 to 12.

On these principles ,you can devellop a strategy.

The 36 game I have explained in my blog