Author Topic: A new system and a fresh way to look at progressions  (Read 1199 times)

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
A new system and a fresh way to look at progressions
« on: June 10, 2016, 08:17:20 PM »
Sometimes a little word or a minor difference can totally change the way to approach things.
As we know a progression is when someone adds or removes chips on their bets.
Lately I read a very interesting concept that can be used to approach progressions.

First I will describe a system. The new progression approach can be used on a variety of  systems but it will be helpful to have a specific system as a reference.
The system is:
We always use only 1 chip.
We start by betting Low.
If we lose we bet on the first dozen.
If we lose 2 more spins we bet on the 7-12 lane (doublestreet)
If we lose 2 more times we bet on the 10-12 street.
If we lose 5 more times we bet on 10-11 split.
If we lose 5 more times we bet on 11 for the next 17 spins.

If we win any of these bets we are even or we get some profit.
This is the system and it is a good system on its own right.
In my opinion this is the perfect newbie system. Much much better than the Martingale.

Now let's see how to think about progressions in reference to this system.
The idea is to:
as you add chips on the bet you consider that each chip belongs to a different player and all players cooperate.

For example, let's say that you have a bankroll of 500 units.
  • You divide these 500 units to 5 imaginative players and give each player 100 units.
  • These 5 players work as a team.
  • Each player can only bet 1 chip per spin.
  • But he can place this chip wherever he wants.
  • If he wants high chance and low profit he would place it on High Low for example.
  • If he wants high risk and high profit he can place it on a street for example.
  • When a player wins, he takes only 1 unit profit and will give his extra units profit to another of the losing players.
This is all a mind game, but it really affects the way you bet, your progression.
There are various ways one can use this approach. Some are more aggressive and others more defensive. And you can use more than 5 "players". You can say that there are 10 "players" cooperating, which means your progression will never be higher than 10 chips. If you want I could go into more detail, but what is really interesting here are these 3 concepts:
  • As you lose, you bet less numbers, so your win will cover your previous losses.
  • We have X different players cooperating and sharing profit.
  • Each player only bets one chip per spin.
What do you say?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 08:59:23 PM by kav »

The following users thanked this post: Jake007, Sputnik, december, BetJack, Reyth, Sheridan44

Sheridan44

• Mature Member
Re: A new system and a fresh way to look at progressions
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 09:19:50 PM »
The system you describe in the upper part of your post is quite ingenious. I like the team concept.

In effect the system seems to reverse the roles to where the house is "forced" to play a type of "martingale"- as the house is put into a position of losing more money versus the minimal wagers it collects if the player loses (giving the odds - rather than taking them).

Lately, I've formed an opinion that it's not so much the system (of course the better the system - the better it will perform), as it is the money management utilized (or un-utilized). That's what I'm focused on now....the economics involved. I'm examining charts, and studying up on stock-market like techniques (moving averages, Bollinger bands, support and resistance levels etc..) for clues. I may be over-thinking it, but it never hurts to learn.

Great thread Kav!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 11:41:54 PM by Sheridan44 »

The following users thanked this post: kav, december, Reyth

Jesper

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 08:53:15 AM »
I should have problem split my mind i 5 different persons, which would be needed to have any use of being different players.

The system as such has merits, if we lose it is not big money, and if we hit well we can win.

The following users thanked this post: Reyth

Vitalij_D

• New
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 09:23:21 AM »

I tried to play well . I noticed only one thing - I gradually began to lose chips five times faster .

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 09:37:28 AM »
I tried to play well . I noticed only one thing - I gradually began to lose chips five times faster .

• First of all you have tried to play many systems but you play them wrong. Like this one.
  • Secondly, you began to lose chips 5 times faster than what?
  • Thirdly, I describe concepts and ideas and NOT get rich quick schemes. Instead of playing (any) start by thinking about the system. This is the first step. testing comes after.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 09:53:07 AM by kav »

The following users thanked this post: Jake007

Sheridan44

• Mature Member
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 05:58:43 PM »
What impresses me most about this system is the velocity of betting is slow. At only one unit per pop....it gives you time to THINK - and assess your session bankroll position. It's basically a flat bet method, however with nearly every bet - it is increasing the potential payoff. The "progression" is in the payout - not in the wager. You are generally taking the odds not giving them... in other words you are betting to win more money than your bet - rather than betting more than the potential payoff.

In many rapid progressions, you can get caught up in a "whipsaw" situation where you're betting 4,8,16 or more - just trying to win back 1 - which is a recipe for eventual disaster.

With the wagers being constant, you have plenty of time to get out before you get destroyed (many times in profit). You usually don't have that option in a rapidly escalating wagering progression scheme.

In a past post, Belgian describes trying to win just 1 unit per day - then quitting. It sounds easy to do.... but just put it to a test and you will see how difficult it is to sustain. If you could win just 1 unit per day on a consistent basis, you have beaten the game.

I believe with a system like this, or similar, you have a much better chance.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 05:33:35 PM by Sheridan44 »

The following users thanked this post: kav, Sputnik, Reyth

Jesper

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2016, 07:18:16 PM »
There are some variants on this "Walker system", I have used:

1spin chips net.

1. doz    1    2
2. doz    1    1
3. ds     1    3
4. ds     1    2
5. ds     1    1