Author Topic: Double Dozens  (Read 1933 times)

Emmanuel

• New
Double Dozens
« on: April 21, 2016, 05:22:30 PM »
are the double dozens bet type the same as doing the Red/black? because if you win on DD than your payout is what you put in.. but what are the odds like?

p.s. I would like to talk to someone on a frequent basis about roulette, strategizing, bet types etc..
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 05:58:25 PM by kav »

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
Re: Double Dozens
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 05:56:12 PM »
Hi Emmanuel,

No double dozen is not the same as Red/Black
Red/Black pays you back your bet, while double dozen pay you back half your bet.

Also, as you are a new player, be VERY careful who you listen too.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 05:58:00 PM by kav »

Emmanuel

• New
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 06:04:12 PM »
how does it pay half your bet back?
e.g. $5 on 1st-12 and  $5 on 2nd-12 (=$10) if I win than I get $15 payout meaning I only profit $5

with red/black, if I put $5 on black and win than I get $5..

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 08:02:07 PM »
how does it pay half your bet back?
e.g. $5 on 1st-12 and  $5 on 2nd-12 (=$10) if I win than I get $15 payout meaning I only profit $5

with red/black, if I put $5 on black and win than I get $5..

Exactly.
When your bet is $10 on double dozens you get $5 profit.
If you bet $10 on red you get $10 profit.

Emmanuel

• New
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 03:04:52 AM »
so in this case should I just bet on red/black or dbl Dozens?

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 03:14:06 AM »
so in this case should I just bet on red/black or dbl Dozens?
There are no good or bad bets.
Bet wherever you like and enjoy the game. Only bet money you can lose.
Before trying to win, try to gain some understanding of the game.
Or just and read some systems, here in the forum or HERE

petespin

• Mature Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 10:52:01 AM »
hi when u bet in d dozens u bet in fact 24 numbers intead of 18 if y would bet in red-black , do u see the diference ? , in adition d dozens bets are much better betting choice than betting red black imo

Jesper

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 09:57:23 AM »
Double Doz and Cols has a expected hit rate larger than an EC. We will win most of the spins. 2/3 bet is a grinding, and has some problems which many players do not take care about. A losing streak can be rather long even if 2/3 of the table is covered. I should not play 2/3 on an American Wheel. If we get back half the bet on an EC if zero hits, it is better play EC.
On a Wheel with NO zero or just one zero, a 2/3 bets should work just fine.

A common progresson is a Martingale style using 3 fold each step, and it is for sure a catastrophic situation to expect in short time.

As we hit most of the bets, we DO NOT need winning all back in one spin.

I did  this morning a 2 Col play using NOZ and 0.1 chip, targeting 100 units (10 Euro). With the right play and not short bank, it is near sure to get it. ;)

The "system" is very conservative it can take some time.
We need a bankroll of 1000 units (300 can do, but better be safe than sorry).

At each DOZ we start with 1 unit, as long we win stay.
If lose first bet next bet is 2 units each.
If we win we are break even, and start over using 1 unit each.
If lose the second bet we use 3 units stay as long we win, But reduce all the time so next win is break even if we are Close to that,

If loss on the third bet we bet the same (3) again and do so to the next loss or break even.
The progression is simple 1 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8.....

The game I did took  257 spins, and the turnover was high (1148 units), that's the reason a high HE makes 2/3 bets difficult, as on AM wheel. At NOZ the turnover doesn't matter.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 10:06:04 AM by Jesper »

scepticus

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2016, 10:28:11 AM »
are the double dozens bet type the same as doing the Red/black? because if you win on DD than your payout is what you put in.. but what are the odds like?

p.s. I would like to talk to someone on a frequent basis about roulette, strategizing, bet types etc..

I prefer to bet ONE dozen and ONE column on the same bet.
With 2 dozens you are betting 24 numbers but is an odds- on shot of 1/2.
Betting 1 dozen and 1 column you bet 20 numbers but BOTH bets can win.

If only one wins you areno worse than be

BlueAngel

• I always express my opinion
  • Do you want truth? You cannot handle the truth!
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2016, 10:56:32 AM »

I prefer to bet ONE dozen and ONE column on the same bet.
With 2 dozens you are betting 24 numbers but is an odds- on shot of 1/2.
Betting 1 dozen and 1 column you bet 20 numbers but BOTH bets can win.

If only one wins you areno worse than be

From the statistics point of view I agree with this one because if you would analyze any 37 spins cycle you would find out that only 1 dozen and 1 column are over-performing, the second best is very near the average expectation while the worst is well under the average expectation.

Therefore by betting 2 dozens or 2 columns you are carrying an "unnecessary burden".

Jesper

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2016, 11:19:43 AM »
I does not matter if we bet one Col and 1 Doz or 24 number using two Doz or Splits whatever.
We allways lose the chips which is not covered by the winning number. The hit rate is expected 2/3 and the problem is more  expouse to the unfair odds. On a NOZ  that is not an issue.  If we had rules so we could put a chip between the Doz on the line or on the line between two Cols, we had had one bet paying 50%, and the illusion of the sure lost chip should not be an issue.

scepticus

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2016, 02:20:49 PM »
I does not matter if we bet one Col and 1 Doz or 24 number using two Doz or Splits whatever.
We allways lose the chips which is not covered by the winning number. The hit rate is expected 2/3 and the problem is more  expouse to the unfair odds. On a NOZ  that is not an issue.  If we had rules so we could put a chip between the Doz on the line or on the line between two Cols, we had had one bet paying 50%, and the illusion of the sure lost chip should not be an issue.

This is just a difference of outlook. Jesper . We look at things differently that's all. There is no failsafe way in any form of gambling.  My aim is not to lose but  hope to profit. Winning two bets on the same spin  gives me a good feeling. And we could even bet only the four numbers where the dozen and column coincide for an 8/1 shot. Or the other 33 numbers LOL !
Different strokes for different folks ! 

Jesper

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2016, 02:51:51 PM »

This is just a difference of outlook. Jesper . We look at things differently that's all. There is no failsafe way in any form of gambling.  My aim is not to lose but  hope to profit. Winning two bets on the same spin  gives me a good feeling. And we could even bet only the four numbers where the dozen and column coincide for an 8/1 shot. Or the other 33 numbers LOL !

Yes we do different, and the game give that opportunity.  I have however many times heard player say "If you play a chip each on two numbers like  2 and 3, you lose allways one chip". If the same person put a split bet of two chips on the same numbers he do not agree it is the same he is not losing.

scepticus

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2016, 07:38:54 PM »
ifference of outlook. Jesper . We look at things differently that's all. There is no failsafe way in any form of gambling.  My aim is not to lose but  hope to profit. Winning two bets on the same spin  gives a good feeling. And we could even bet only the four numbers where the dozen and column coincide for an 8/1 shot. Or the other 33 numbers LOL !

Yes we do different, and the game give that opportunity.  I have however many times heard player say "If you play a chip each on two numbers like  2 and 3, you lose allways one chip". If the same person put a split bet of two chips on the same numbers he do not agree it is the same he is not losing.
Basically it is the same bet. One more expensive than the other but being compensated by a higher pay out.
When betting on the layout I bet splits because it puts less pressure on the bankroll .

Harryj

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2016, 08:02:08 PM »

This is just a difference of outlook. Jesper . We look at things differently that's all. There is no failsafe way in any form of gambling. My aim is not to lose but  hope to profit. Winning two bets on the same spin  gives me a good feeling. And we could even bet only the four numbers where the dozen and column coincide for an 8/1 shot. Or the other 33 numbers LOL !

See the green highlight.
      Why is it that players reject this simple idea ? Every bet you avoid losing increases your win.

Harry