Author Topic: Get the point? We don't like it when you delete posts  (Read 888 times)

Real

• Fighting the war on absurdity one foolish idea at a time.
Get the point? We don't like it when you delete posts
« on: March 02, 2016, 12:11:02 AM »
Quote from: Unreal Whiner who is weaker than The Mod
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 12:12:06 AM by Reyth »

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
Re: Get the point? We don't like it when you delete posts
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 12:15:47 AM »
I'm really sorry Real, but you will have to live with this.
I do have a vision how I would like this forum to be and it does not include personal debates.
Thank you for your understanding.

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 12:36:39 AM »
Nor spamming the forum with multiple dozens of posts like a little child.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 12:45:14 AM by Reyth »

Trilobite

• Mature Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 09:57:27 AM »
Over opinionated over moderation kills forums quicker than no moderation.

You must find the happy medium, which if you draw a line in the sand will definitely be on the "no moderation" side of the line.

IMO.

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 10:14:14 AM »
Over opinionated over moderation kills forums quicker than no moderation.
You must find the happy medium, which if you draw a line in the sand will definitely be on the "no moderation" side of the line.
IMO.
I totally agree. This is not the case however.
IMO

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 10:44:59 AM »
There is such a thing as abuse of a privilege and those of you that know Kav better and longer than I have know that he is more willing to give freedom to the individual rather than restrict it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 05:05:42 PM by Reyth »

Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 04:24:06 PM »
@ Kav,

I'm sure many here will be pleased to hear that I don't intend to post here any longer because of this issue.

PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT.

bye folks, and good luck with your systems. You're going to need it!

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 05:24:00 PM »
Hi Mike,

I'm not pleased to see you leave. You were in the center of some interesting, thought provoking debates. I will give you a couple of weeks in case you change your mind and then delete your account.

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 05:27:50 PM »
There is no "issue". 

It is known in every forum in existence that hijacking threads is specifically disallowed.  It is also equally as self-evident that spamming any forum with multiple dozens of posts is an abuse.  These things are universally accepted in all forums everywhere.

Kav just happens to be a Mod that wishes to grant as much freedom as possible to the users; this kindness however is not to be construed as license.  For a very long time Kav has turned a blind eye to deliberate and blatant thread hijacking because of his belief in freedom for the individual user.

You will not find a Moderator worthy of the name on the internet more willing to give the users personal freedom than Kav.

Furthermore, a bit of perspective about forum culture.  Forums are centered around a common interest that all users share, such as electronics, movies, video games etc.  In that forum culture, the users are comprised of people that genuinely hold that common interest and contribute the related content of the forum because of genuinely holding that interest. 

Then there are "outsiders" that post in that forum for other reasons and consequently their posts do not contribute to that common interest in any direct way because their motivations for posting in that forum do not stem from the common interest of the forum culture.

Had the users in question here acted in a manner consistent with holding the common interest of this forum (the game of roulette with emphasis on system play), there wouldn't be a supposed "issue".  An example of this kind of activity would be threads about AP methods, techniques, successes etc.  But we didn't see these threads and all we saw for years was imperious lecturing with a deliberate intent to DISCOURAGE any interest in system play which manifested in innumerable thread hijacks -- THIS HAS ALWAYS BEEN 100% CONTRARY TO THE SPIRIT AND CULTURE OF THIS FORUM AND ALWAYS WILL BE.

You won't find a Mod on the internet that holds a genuine roulette spirit more than Kav; just look at all the articles & resources he has compiled on Roulette30 which he makes available to us all!

My message to AP players and others that wish to emphasize something other than system play is:

Play fair, genuinely occupy your own space, allow everyone else theirs and we will all share and grow together.

But don't think that Kav's kindness is license to abuse this forum by openly denigrating this forum's spirit & culture -- because THAT is simply an abuse of the existing members.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 07:52:23 PM by Reyth »