Author Topic: Tips and mistakes on playing roulette  (Read 973 times)

Geoffrey

• New
Tips and mistakes on playing roulette
« on: March 01, 2016, 06:23:31 PM »
Hi there,

I'm pretty new to this 'game', i've been reading a lot about strategies on how to place your bets etc. Countless video's of so called guarenteed systems. Truth is it doesn't excist.

I think most common mistakes that are made are these: have many good runs with a so called system, believing it cant go wrong, so you follow it blindfully. There is mistake nr 1.

I read many times about people getting their bankroll wiped out. My question is, how is that possible?? Is it just that most off the players are just to greedy (mistake nr 2) and keep on playing because they cant accept a loss?

Just set a target for yourself of what you're wanting to win in a session (please be realistic)
Do the same for your losses you are willing to accept. If you go any deeper, just get out and accept.

This is called money management.

So knowing that systems aren't bullet prove. what do we do?

First off all its not because systems aren't bulletproof that they aren't any good. Go ahead and expiriment with them. Find something that suited the way you play, and you feel good with.

But my advice would be, to not depend on your chosen system all the time.  Mix things up. Be as unpredictable as the roulette itself. There is something called as a chaotic bet, well create or search for your own chaotic mixed up system wich can involve many diffrent ways to play. Thats just my opinion.

Mistake nr 3: trusting to much on any systems progression. I wouldn't say its bad, but you got to think through very well, when to use it and when its safer not doing so.

Mistake nr 4: staying to long at a table or behind your laptop. keep your sessions short. you'll be safer. The longer you keep playing, the more chances grow you'll lose.

And yes , the odds for every single spin stay the same, but in a cycle most of the time, there between 10-14 nummers that stay cold.

although gamblers fallacity is called misleading, most of the time it sure helps.

so there's my 2 cents

and sorry in advance if this topic is misplaced. I'm new here so , dont get mad from the start

Regards to all ;)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 07:51:33 PM by kav »

Reyth

• Global Moderator
Re: Opinion on playing roulette
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 06:49:16 PM »
Hey welcome to the forum!

Thanks for contributing! :D

december

• Veteran Member
Re: Opinion on playing roulette
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 07:01:42 PM »
Good thinking, thanks!

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
Re: Tips and mistakes on playing roulette
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 07:51:20 PM »
Great post!

About mistake nr 4: Staying too long.
It is said that:
The two toughest things to do at roulette is to walk when you are winning and to walk when you are losing.

And I think you are doing a great thing by trying to identify possible mistakes. This is the road to winning; first of all identifying your or your system's weak spots.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 08:04:16 PM by kav »

Geoffrey

• New
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 09:54:46 PM »
having positive respons is reasuring for someone who's still a rooky,  although i had many 'demo' plays before i went in for real money. Only been playing for 2 weeks, managed to get my bankroll up from 100 to 800 Euro

This is the systems section anyway, so i wonder has anyone experience with, or tried Chinese strategy, dont know if its any good , but sure is kinda intriguing
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 09:58:52 PM by Geoffrey »

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 09:59:37 PM »
Errrm eight-fold in 2 weeks??  What is the unit size if you don't mind me asking?

The Chinese Strategy appears to be a real wheel strategy based on neighbors and wheel location of previous spins.  I managed to find the system in Dutch and was able to translate it into English.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:06:05 PM by Reyth »

Geoffrey

• New
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 10:07:42 PM »
Errrm eight-fold in 2 weeks??  What is the unit size if you don't mind me asking?

mostly between one and 5 euro/dollar, and in rare cases 10, all depends on the bet i'm making

and yes about the chinese strategy i know the principle how it works, but haven't tested that one out for myself. btw i'm belgian , so my natieve language is dutch :)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:10:13 PM by Geoffrey »