I have been going steadily up in the following pattern:
WIN-DIRECT PROFIT, WIN-DIRECT PROFIT, WIN-LOSS, WIN-LOSS, WIN-DIRECT PROFIT, WIN-DIRECT PROFIT etc.
1) Raise 1 unit every 8 bets
2) Keep going if a petal hits
3) Start over when the flower hits
4) Increase the progression after the flower hits and you are not in profit:
I suspect you are starting over when a petal hits?
This system is the combination of up as you lose AND up as you win. It is approaching a "self-sustainable" progression system model. One of the nice things about this system is that expectation is a hit every 8 bets.
This bet selection is not new but those that use it tend to do the following:
1) Bet more chip piles than just 4
2) Raise every bet or every other bet
And therefore they reach an unsustainable position relatively rapidly and bust out relatively soon.
Don't get me wrong, I cannot vouch for the safety of this system yet. I am just saying that preliminary tests have worked for me to increase the rapidity at which I earn money.