Author Topic: Moderation On This Forum, Your Opinion?  (Read 1964 times)

Reyth

• Global Moderator
Moderation On This Forum, Your Opinion?
« on: June 22, 2015, 10:01:20 PM »
This is a thread for anyone to speak their mind on the moderation that takes place on this forum.  Moderation is when a post is annotated or deleted for violating certain forum rules, such as:

1) Personal attacks
2) Thread derailment
3) Inappropriate linking

Moderation occurs to preserve the cohesive functioning of this forum space.  The overall theme of this forum is playing, enjoying, investigating/learning the game of roulette.  There is a decided leaning towards system play as well.  This doesn't mean that AP players or die-hard advocates of "one spin, house edge"cannot start their own threads about these topics.

Nobody likes being insulted.  Nobody likes having their thread derailed or having people turn it into a link farm.  This is why moderation takes place, to support YOU, the thread creators.

Finally, I wish to say that every member is a moderator in this forum.  When each of us creates a thread we are moderating what replies can be posted in that thread.  We have a certain control over the thread that we create.  Everyone should feel empowered by this and in the knowledge that their thread will be protected by further site moderation as is necessary.

Kav is in charge of this forum and I support his decision to provide a forum of integrity to post our ideas and investigations into the game of roulette as specified above.

What say you? 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 06:40:13 PM by Reyth »

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
Re: Moderation On This Forum, Your Opinion?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 10:05:18 PM »
Reyth,
This is an interesting topic, which I'm sure will open a can of worms :-)
I was seriously thinking the other day to start a topic with the subject
"Express your objections to Kav making his system available".
Sometimes it may be better to ask for trouble than trying to avoid it?

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 10:12:07 PM »
Hey we are all "roulette brothers" here, no?

We don't hide in the background watching others play.  We walk right up to the table and place our chips right out in the open!  We are fearless!

sqzbox

• New
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 01:08:52 AM »
Personally I believe in common courtesy, a quality which seems to be seriously lacking in a lot of people these days. I consider myself to be in the "senior" category - that is, I have been around for a while and have learned some things in my time on the planet - and hopefully will be around long enough to learn a whole bunch more.

I have learned that often you can't change a person's belief because sometimes those beliefs is what keeps those people sane - you can't shake the foundations of their beliefs without some consequence. So respect them by having your say respectfully and then backing off - they will either take it on board and modify their beliefs - or they will not. If they will not then there is little point in continuing to harangue them.

I have learned that even the simplest thing, once written down, is open to misinterpretation and misunderstanding - no matter how careful you are to try and make it clear and unambiguous. Respect the fact that other people's life experience will cause them to see things in a different way to yourself - and this is a GOOD thing and is what moves humanity forwards. So be open to the possibility that you may have to explain yourself, or your statements may be challenged and this challenging may be because the other person did not extract your meaning correctly. It could be YOUR fault.

So - in moderation of the forum I believe that the rules as stated above by Reyth should be followed and moderators should moderate accordingly. If people are so ignorant that they can't abide by these rules then I, for one, really don't want to interact with them, to the degree that if it gets bad enough then it could cause me to abandon the forum entirely.

I see no reason why, if somebody wants to challenge another person's point of view, that the challenge cannot be made politely and respectfully.

dobbelsteen

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 09:03:01 AM »
I like this forum because it is visited by fellow roulette players with different ideas. On the Dutch mixed forum I was an outcast between the poker and BJ players. In spite of my poor English I can  share my knowledge  with interested expierience and newbies roulette players.
It is not Always simple to avoid  disturbing commentaries. 

Harryj

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 10:42:59 AM »
   I fully concur. In another forum I have battled for years against agaist a contributor who simply says, "You can't beat basic probability." That may be true in the 'long run', but what we discuss here is the possibility that it may be BENT, in the players favour , in the 'short run'.

It is this fact that most members want to discuss. Pointless negativity is just that !! it can only lead to personal offence and disruption of the thread.

Harry