Bitcoin jackpot 728x90

Author Topic: Why I only bet a few numbers  (Read 3178 times)

mr j

• Mature Member
Why I only bet a few numbers
« on: July 13, 2010, 02:19:17 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is another example of something being difficult for me to explain. I only play 1-4 numbers MAX. My favorite? Two numbers. Using nickels, my NET wins are very nice. I get ALOT of compliments from other players and the dealers for only playing 2 numbers and walking away with a profit.

Most, do not have the discipline for this boring type of play. Anyways, I FEEL I have more chances/spins to get my win (then start over). YES, I know the math.....I repeat, I know the math. No need to remind me. lol If I played a column for 10 spins, thats equal to playing TWO numbers (or one split) for 60 spins. ANYDAY, ANYDAY...I would rather play the 60 spins!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is another RELATED topic I want to touch on >> Playing one number as opposed to playing two numbers. Do NOT get this confused with my posted method, "two unhits side by side" <<< these are different examples.

Ok, using a 00 wheel as my example. Put the math off to the side for a couple minutes. Lets say I wanted to play two numbers side by side on the wheel. Again, this has nothing to do with my other method BECAUSE of only betting 33% of the time.

Lets say its the 29, 12 I'm betting, progression of course. MANY of those spins will end up on the opposite side of the wheel, I think we can agree on that. 0, 28, 9, 26, 30, 11, 7. Not even close to a win. Granted, a loss is a loss regardless of how close or far away, yes I know that. Now, lets say I only wanted to bet on ONE number. It does not have to be the same number every spin.

For this example, I'll use the 12 again. And again, we have many hits on the 0, 28, 9, 26, 30, 11, 7 numbers. So I get double the spins trying to get my win at the SAME TIME the ball is landing on the opposite of the wheel. If its going to land on the opposite side REGARDLESS, in "X" number of spins, I might as well take advantage of only betting one (or two) numbers on the other side.

Keep in mind, this is all my OPINION along with my HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of hours of testing and playing. Ken

albalaha

• New
Re: Why I only bet a few numbers
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 11:17:53 AM »
Dear Ken,
        if u play 2 nbrs in an american roulette, it has the probability of 2/38 to win, in every spin. This probability is set in the stone and can not be changed but playing smaller bets have bigger problems. One may need to play very long to conclude it. Although, it may be fun and a big winner at times, but hectic, for sure. I can say this from my personal experience.

brumbo

• New
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 04:36:24 PM »
That is why it is better to play without any zeros which is possible today

dobbelsteen

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 10:25:33 PM »
The gambler shall lose on the american wheel 5.3% of his total betting. The player with a small edge of about 1% shall have a profit. A gambler must play with small bettings , a player can play with big bettings.