BetOnline

Author Topic: A story of a large win and some scary seconds.  (Read 2194 times)

Jesper

A story of a large win and some scary seconds.
« on: May 30, 2015, 10:05:39 AM »
Some I do not know by person, but I heard a lot from this event. The man do not live anymore as he was about 90 when it happen some years ago.

He played on live wheel at Dublinbet and had about 1000 Euro in bank. He was using about 2 Euro a bet, betting on zero and 1,2,3.  By misstake he press a button MAXBET, and near all his money went on the table. They close the betting before he got time to clear the bet. Zero falling!

The old mans misstake made a large win.

john518

• New
Re: A story of a large win and some scary seconds.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 03:11:41 AM »
This is a nice story. Something like this happens sometimes. Saw a guy passed by a table and put a stack of $5 chips on the 0/00 split. The ball stopped and landed on 00. He tipped handsomely and left with the winnings. On another occasion, saw a guy almost lost all his money, and exchanged his last two $20 bills for chips and put them on 29. The ball starting spinning, and finally jumped in 29. He screamed happily. One time when I played the air ball roulette, I accidentally pressed the split of 2/5 instead of the intended 2. So I tried to cancel the last bet as it was closing bets. It did not work, so I pressed the button multi times to cancel. But when I heard the "no more bets", I realized that I had actually kept on pressing the "double last bet" button many times, and all my bankroll was placed onto the 2/5 split. I had to helplessly watch the air ball spinning over and over, and you know what, it finally jumped in 5!

No matter what is our strategy, LUCK is always our best friend when playing :)

scepticus

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 12:53:10 PM »
True, John, true but we should be aware that " Luck " is only Chance at work. When Chance favours us we call it "Good Luck " and when  it doesn't we call it "Bad Luck ".
Doesn't it make sense, then, to make our bets as close as possible to the odds on offer and thus make " Bad Luck " less likely ?

BlueAngel

• I always express my opinion
  • Do you want truth? You cannot handle the truth!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 05:39:35 PM »
Luck is like a prostitute,almost everyone has it for a while.
It cannot be always with you,you cannot control it,you cannot rely on luck.
In my point of view good luck or bad luck it's an event which occur against the odds,an event which is rare but happens,if it's good event,then we call it good luck,if it's bad,we call it bad luck.
You wouldn't call luck something which happens everyday or very often,like traffic for example.
Therefore my definition about luck=rare events,regardless if it is positive or negative.

scepticus

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 08:27:26 PM »
I don't think that "Luck" is a rare event,Blue Angel.I think it happens every day to someone , somewhere.
I still think that someone who bets randomly encounters "Bad Luck " more often than someone who bets with method.

Dane

• Mature Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 11:41:55 AM »
Luck is like a prostitute,almost everyone has it for a while.
It cannot be always with you,you cannot control it,you cannot rely on luck.
In my point of view good luck or bad luck it's an event which occur against the odds,an event which is rare but happens,if it's good event,then we call it good luck,if it's bad,we call it bad luck.
You wouldn't call luck something which happens everyday or very often,like traffic for example.
Therefore my definition about luck=rare events,regardless if it is positive or negative.

The song LOVE MINUS ZERO (NO LIMITS) (by His Bobness)
has been interpreted in many ways. In my view Dylan´s song is not an ordinary love song.
"My love" might be Lady Luck!  "She speaks like silence without ideals or violence"!
"Madams like the candles":  Here "Madams" might refer to some prostitutes.
"Yet she´s true, like ice, like fire"!
And "SHE KNOWS TOO MUCH TO ARGUE OR TO JUDGE"!

No more beds, thank you.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 11:43:45 AM by Dane »