Author Topic: 1 in how many dealers?  (Read 3519 times)

mr j

• Mature Member
1 in how many dealers?
« on: July 10, 2010, 04:10:20 PM »
This is based on opinion, for everyone. One out of how many roulette dealers do you think can hit a certain section at will? We need a few definitions of course. 0 wheel. We'll say a section of 9 pockets? As far as percent, 55-65% of the spins if he/she wanted to....9 pockets. Whats your opinion? I say, 1 out of 70. Ken

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
Re: 1 in how many dealers?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 09:23:20 AM »
Hi Ken,

Interesting question.
Nice you defined the question so well.
Given that your requirements are not extreme, I would say that if we asked 100 dealers, to run 100 spins each, trying to hit a specific 9 number sector, at least 55 times...
Then at least 5 of them would manage to do it. Probably a couple of them by luck and not skill.

BlueAngel

• I always express my opinion
  • Do you want truth? You cannot handle the truth!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 04:23:50 PM »
This is very rare,it's like trying to roll the dice the way you want...
If this was easy and simple,every gambler could win on craps by practice on dice rolling in order to gain significant advantage.
Believe me,I've tried for months,day after day to develop this so called "dice influence" technique,but on the end I realized it result in significant advantage.
So the same goes for the croupiers of roulette.

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 05:28:07 PM »
Oh! maybe you didn't see the video: It is possible

Trilobite

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 10:45:43 AM »
In my opinion, given enough attempts 100% of the dealers will hit the 9 pocket section about 25% of the time.

If any dealer could regularly spike beyond 25% then we'd all be in trouble!

As for 55-65%, who knows, but I agree with Kav that probably a handful of them will hit the 60% target by luck more than skill, in fact all of them will hit the 60% target with luck eventually if the test was repeated indefinitely.

Imagine if you found a career croupier who showed up for work year after year and on every single shift consciously attempted to hit the same 9 pocket section every spin on every roulette wheel he ever dealt on.

I'd like to see his figures.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 11:07:43 AM by Trilobite »

Trilobite

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 11:49:39 AM »
Thinking a bit more on the subject, for a dealer to hit a chosen 9 pocket wheel section he must aim for 1 pocket and then claim a victory every time he hit that pocket or 4 pockets either side.

The most obvious pocket for a dealer to aim for then would be the zero... isn't that what they are generally supposed to do anyway?

dobbelsteen

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 01:39:37 PM »
It is impossible, a croupier can influence the occurations of  numbers or the numbers of the ECs.
I suggest a proof with a large sector.
 The both halves of the roulette are most suitable. The chance to hit the right or the left halve is nearly 50%. You need a long run sample for an honest result. 100 Spins are not enough. A save start of a long run sample is about 200 spins. See my explanation of the long run theory.

Birima

• New
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 04:15:53 PM »
Watching the movie I am not convinced, the first two attempts  failed and the third succeeded only because the ball was launched by the chip and then bounced back through a separator. Had the rather thick chip not been there, the ball would have travelled a few pockets along. It's a nice film though anyway.

Real

• Fighting the war on absurdity one foolish idea at a time.
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 08:08:44 PM »
The presence of a dominant ball drop location is what enables  the dealer to hit sections.  It does not require super human skills, just a good wheel and the right conditions.  So asking how many dealers can do it is not the correct question to be asking.

It's going to be difficult for most people to comprehend, unless they own a wheel and grasp the physics of how its done.

-Real
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 08:13:15 PM by Real »

Trilobite

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 10:04:12 PM »
The presence of a dominant ball drop location is what enables  the dealer to hit sections.  It does not require super human skills, just a good wheel and the right conditions.  So asking how many dealers can do it is not the correct question to be asking.

It's going to be difficult for most people to comprehend, unless they own a wheel and grasp the physics of how its done.

-Real

So you're saying the right wheel conditions will create a hot sector. So with the presence of a hot sector, could a skilful dealer hit the hot sector significantly more than a dealer who just throws down random spins?

Could the skilful dealer also avoid the hot sector to any degree?