728x90 welcome bonus

Poll

Bet on any of the even chance bets or half of the wheel,a section of 18 numbers??

It is the same
1 (20%)
It's better to bet an even chance (low,even,red,black,odd,high)
3 (60%)
It's better to bet a sector on the wheel of 18 consecutive numbers (pockets)
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Is it the same or better? Please explain why you think so.  (Read 2646 times)

BlueAngel

• I always express my opinion
  • Do you want truth? You cannot handle the truth!
Is it the same or better? Please explain why you think so.
« on: January 15, 2015, 02:35:43 PM »

Please explain why you think so.
I'm not going to tell you what I think now,because I don't want to influence you.

But I would like to share with you some facts,just consider the following:

Why the wheel layout is different from the table layout??
If there was no important reason of having two different layouts, one on the wheel and another on the table, they simply would put the same layout in both.
If the ball on the wheel during the landing, jumps a bit from pocket to pocket this would result in a totally different outcome if you had chosen the Even Chance bet.
However,this wouldn't be the case for betting the same amount of numbers (18) next to each other according to the wheel's layout.
I believe you have seen this too,a ball jumping from pocket to pocket till it comes to rest.
Why did they decide to have 37 numbers and not 40 or 50 numbers?A round amount of numbers?
The more numbers the less possible to win,thus it would be even more beneficial for them,instead they chosen 36 plus the zero...
If you sum up all of the roulette numbers the total is 666...and I think you all know what represents...!

Trilobite

• Mature Member
Re: Is it the same or better? Please explain why you think so.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 09:21:17 PM »
Hi BlueAngel,

I vote for better to play the even chances because if you intend to bet 18 numbers, then any bet of 18 numbers will be equal, or so close to equal the difference will be virtually immeasurable. So it becomes a question of convenience, and it is definitely more convenient to use the table layout to place bets of 18 numbers.

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 09:27:17 PM »
Although I haven't given it a lot of though I guess that I agree with Trilobite.
And I guess you disagree...

Romn.Paras

• New
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 04:35:13 AM »
Blue Angel,

Great question.  I will answer it by saying this.

Most people will tell you that the Bank has one chance better than you in every 37 spins.  This is correct if you only play 1 number "en plein", or straight up, but if you play on an even chance the Bank has only half this advantage over you , or one chance better than you in every 74 spins, the reason being that when your stake is on an even chance, and zero appears, you do not lose your whole stake, but only half of it:  the player always having the right to take half his stake.

You would think that it would be fairly obvious to most people if you put a unit on the first 18 numbers straight up instead of putting 18 units on Low "Manqué",  but in essence you are doing a foolish thing; for when zero comes out as it should do once in every 37 spins, you would lose the whole 18 units, whereas if you had them on "Low" or "Manqué" you only lose 9 of them; in other words the player who plays on the numbers is quite sure to lose, on average, 9 units an hour more than the player who plays the Low or Manqué even chance.

This answer is also cited in the book "Ten Days at Monte Carlo at The Bank's Expense" pgs. 5-6.  I agree with this philosophy and as a player I have also experienced it both ways and it holds true in my experiences of playing the game.

Now in American Roulette, there is no "en prison" rule for zero and there is a double zero as well. But the pay out is 35 to 1 on the numbers not 36 to 1 so again I would bet 18 units on an Even Chance instead of 1 unit on 18 numbers.

dobbelsteen

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 11:21:15 AM »
There is a difference between the AR and the FR. Betting on the ECs can be done with one unit. The hit chance for the three possibilities is the same 18x2.7  or 18x2.3

The best wagers on the FR are the ECs.