Royal Panda roulette

Author Topic: Simple EC Cycle Bet  (Read 3044 times)

Trilobite

• Mature Member
Simple EC Cycle Bet
« on: September 19, 2014, 12:18:04 AM »
Greetings forum,

Expert opinions would be appreciated as to whether this simple EC betting cycle holds any water or not.

You bet in two stages, = stage 1 & stage 2.

In stage 1 you bet up to 2 times max.
Win on bet 1, move to stage 2.
Win on bet 2, move to stage 2.
Lose both bets, go into virtual mode, continue the bet selection (not betting) until 1 win, move to stage 2.
-----------
In stage 2 you bet up to 2 times max.
Win on bet 1, return to stage 1.
Win on bet 2, return to stage 1.
Lose both bets, return to stage 1.

That’s it. A simple cycle bet that hopefully cuts out occasional lengthy losing runs by virtue of the stage 1 only virtual component.

I do use this and it has at times cut out losing runs of 6, 7, even 8 losing bets in a row. Sure there are many immediate missed wins in the virtual section, but at least you re-enter the game each time after a win for your bet selection, which is a positive.

Of course the killer sequence would be, LLWLLLLWLLLLWLLLLWLLLLW etc, but this is an EC bet in a random game so that rare non-random sequence is highly unlikely to form and endure for too long... I suppose it could happen though.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 12:39:44 AM by Trilobite »

Trilobite

• Mature Member
Re: Simple EC Cycle Bet
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 12:55:23 AM »
Are there any resident coders on the forum who might be able to script this simple EC cycle bet then test it over a large sample to see if it improves the hit rate at all?

You could do something like set the selection to always and continuously bet red, run that through a large sample and recover the hit rate. Then using the same number sample, apply the cycle bet, again always betting red and recover the hit rate.

I wish I could whip up this test, but alas I have no coding skills.

My feeling is the hit rate would be improved. Whether or not it is improved to a degree that could shift the house edge at all is another story.

This test might also uncover how often & for how long the killer sequence appears.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 12:57:38 AM by Trilobite »

palestis

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 03:42:25 PM »
In stage 1 you bet up to 2 times max.
Win on bet 1, move to stage 2.
Win on bet 2, move to stage 2.
Lose both bets, go into virtual mode, continue the bet selection (not betting) until 1 win, move to stage 2.
-----------
In stage 2 you bet up to 2 times max.
Win on bet 1, return to stage 1.
Win on bet 2, return to stage 1.
Lose both bets, return to stage 1.

The way you describe it, it doesn't seem like 2 stages. It seems more like 1 stage. Unless the amounts change. But you didn't specify the amounts in each stage. It looks like you are betting  at color repetition every time? You have to specify what you are betting on, each time.

Trilobite

• Mature Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 02:50:25 AM »
Hi palestis,

You probably could treat it as one endless cycle, but splitting it into two this way makes it easier to remember after which two losses you go virtual. Without the point of separation, you could easily become confused.

For testing the worth of this cycle no complex BS or MM is necessary. Of course you could engineer those things into a full blown system later if it showed any promise.