Author Topic: Exploring The Positive Incline Progression  (Read 191 times)

Reyth

• Global Moderator
Exploring The Positive Incline Progression
« on: February 10, 2017, 06:14:30 AM »
This is a topic I would like to explore very deeply because most recently I have come to believe that barring a very extraordinary bet selection method, no bet selection matters in games of chance like roulette and baccarat.

The only thing that matters is if we bet and how much we bet.

A positive incline progression is where you move up more on a loss than you move down on a win.

For instance, we can bet a base amount of 2 units every bet until we lose and we increase by that same bet amount, 2 units.  When we win, we move downward by only 1 unit.  If we get a 2 hits in a row, we move down by 3 units.

This creates an over-production of profit momentum where we are betting fewer times to recover our debt than we did to create it and can even be used to drastically escalate profits once a sufficient number of wins has been gained to reach par; like a "paroli effect".

However, a more conservative approach is available where all bets can be lowered to 4 times the decrease bet (in this case 4 units) once profit is achieved.

The scaling example above is designed for an EC bet that pays 1:1.  This method can also be scaled to dynamic payouts as well.

I think that if we attempt to optimize this form of betting, we can create a substantial edge where the profit momentum exceeds negative effects of variance.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 06:33:30 AM by Reyth »

Jesper

Re: Exploring The Positive Incline Progression
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 06:41:40 AM »
Use any betselection, on a perfect wheel  it does not matter.  The progression has to be balanced. Martingale is too step, the losses in a row do not need to e many.

The D'Alembert is very sensitive for unbalanced EC outcomes, and the bets may be low, and instead be many and never recoup a downdraw.

I do not think only a negative progression is the best, rather both negative  and positive, and a wheel with good payout.

We can try  1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.... as negative, and parlay a win if we are down.

An Example we have 15 spins
and it is 6 win and 9 loss
the  turnover is 54 and 4 plus.
All bets on low.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 06:51:53 AM by Jesper »

The following users thanked this post: Reyth

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 07:26:28 AM »
The progression has to be balanced.

See our gambling games are UNBALANCED.  We have both VARIANCE and the HE that makes things tipped AGAINST us.  Therefore our progression must reflect that which is why I think the positive incline progression is so powerful; its like a rocket engine that takes time to get going (similar to a paroli method but seemingly more reliable).

Jesper

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 08:27:42 AM »
Increase the progression can help, but in some cases it will do the opposite. a Martingale and FIB progressions is to increase the  bets more and more. 

It is often we get losses enough to make a large loss.  If we try positive progression, we last allways longer, we lose slower, and seldom win.

Therefore it looks like a progression should be best if we try to win after some spins, and can survive a losing streak without increase the bets to much. A parlay and a smaller negative progression should make that possible. Use of NOZ helps as well.  It we bet on EC it is more true.

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 03:57:26 PM »
I am currently using a 14 step progression (positive incline) and a 200 unit stop loss on EC; a straight drawdown is 1 in 1000.  This is what inspired me to make this post.

2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 20 22 24 26 28 = 210 units
-1 on a win, -3 on consecutive wins