Author Topic: How explain the math behinde the house advantage?  (Read 414 times)

Jesper

How explain the math behinde the house advantage?
« on: February 06, 2017, 06:47:23 AM »

Funny math. Some says literally we lose to the house edge every bet. If we win or lose the bet.

If we bet 100 units on red it cost us
2.7 units.

Most of us will say we lose or win 100, in some cases we can lose 50, but not 2.7.

We know the house advantage is 5.25
on an AM-wheel and 2.7% on an EU-wheel.

We think intuitive an EU-wheel is better odds.

BUT if we think as they saying we
pay to the house every bet, despite the outcome, we have to check some more variables.

Say the min bet is one dollar on an AM-wheel, and the min bet is 10 dollars on an EU-wheel, would conclude
it is better play at an AM-wheel using one dollar as it "cost" 5.25 cent, and the cost on the EU-wheel is 27 cent.

What do you think of the math here?  :o
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 06:50:13 AM by Jesper »

Dane

• Mature Member
Re: How explain the math behinde the house advantage?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 09:45:58 AM »
Hej Jesper
In the long run we ought to lose 2/38 of all our bets placed in the game with 38 numbers
and lose 1/37 in the game with 37 numbers. We might even be told only to bet Even Chances if we want to lose only half that much according to special rules in certain countries (when Zero comes).
Spare 1.25% of what you bet - and they┬┤l get you to bet much more. The math in itself might not be funny - but we ought to know the funny or sad rules linked to minimum bets, tips and so forth and so on. I can go to Sweden (Yes Per) and spare tips.  Or should I go to Las Vegas in order to save much Money? GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT!

Bayes

• Veteran Member
  • roulettician.com
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 10:40:12 AM »

Not much.

Even if the minimum stake is higher, you're always better off playing the single zero wheel. If  you can't afford the min. stake, don't play.  :)

Jesper

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 02:05:04 PM »

Not much.

Even if the minimum stake is higher, you're always better off playing the single zero wheel. If  you can't afford the min. stake, don't play.  :)

I try to avoid the the House Advantage. This was just a joke to them saying I pay a certain fee every spin.
I think they mean as you lose to the HA it is not the size in % only it is the amount bet as well. According to some we lose every spin the HA a % times the bet, does not matter the result.

The following users thanked this post: Reyth