Hey guys. Long time no see. Lots of things happened in the meanwhile. Lots of new hard lessons learned. And few sweet, damn sweet victories fought.
Enough talking sh*t - let me get to the point:
Dear Jake007, I like your approach. I like it a lot. I like it to the point where few yrs ago I was using something similar of this on football (soccer) but one day I woke up and realized that YES, IT IS WORKING, but the profit you get for the time you invest is simply not worth it. Time, that invisible tasteless ingredient brother, is the only thing that is really limited. Let me draw you a picture:
1) you wait for a team to lose 10 in a row: how many times this happens in one season?
2) after this happens, you start the Marti: 1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512: you risk 1023 to get a profit ranging from -100 to +360. No, I'm not wrong: if you take the time required to analyze the odds offered from bookies, you'll notice that after lots of consecutive lost games they offer lower odds than the expected high odds.
3) you might say that this approach won't take lots of your free time, but think about that again: checking the results will take at least half or hour from your waking day.
Now lets take these three and mix them all into one big pina colada:
1) there are too few of these in one season to build a profitable approach on them.
2) lets say that there are 5 opportunities to cash on in one season: 2 are of the (-100) and 3 of the (+360) = +880$ (this is just an example, so don't punch me).
3) the MLB season lasts around 6 months. There are games every day, sometimes one team got 2 games in one day. Ok, let get blind for a moment on that fact, but 6Mx30D=180 daysX0.5-1h=90-180hrs. Let take the middle - 135 hours from your life. 880/135=6.5$. You are from USA right? The hour rate is somewhere 8.5$-10$ for the easiest job out there: 135 x 8.5 = 1147.5$. Where is the motive to risk your hard earned money + nerves to get less then what you can earn doing easy jobs?
What I want to tell you is this:
RESPECT YOUR TIME! RESPECT THE HOURS YOU ARE GIVEN! AND INVEST THEM WISELY.
To be honest, its wiser to spend these 135 hours reading novels (thats enough time to consume 20-30 (150-250 pages) books), or hanging with your family / close friends (create memories - these are priceless), or furthering your education and expanding your minds capacities for procession of data (and use that working brain to earn big bucks) on whatever way you please then wasting them waiting for Baltimore Orioles or the Cubs to lose 10 consecutive games.. I think you get the point.
Trust me - I walked your way and its not worth the pain you'll feel few years later when you'll realize how short life actually is.