Royal Panda roulette

Author Topic: The future of cryptocurrencies  (Read 1938 times)

MrPerfect.

Re: The future of cryptocurrencies
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2017, 08:18:21 PM »
Risk with bitcoin is nestier then many people realise... it's a risk of being left out .

The following users thanked this post: Jake007

Jake007

• Mature Member
  • "Topcats often start out as underdogs."
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2017, 12:39:04 AM »
Scepticus... I completely understand. I would never do sky-diving :) way too risky for me yet people do it often with success. I do love roulette for the risk and also for trying to reduce risk. Its an interesting challenge we all share.

The following users thanked this post: scepticus

thomasleor

• Mature Member
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2017, 04:19:37 AM »
Jake, I think Real is trying to convey this picture to you of what he believes the outcome of not only Bitcoin but all cryptocurrencies are about to face in a not too distant future:

If I told you that said future is being decided in a little known place (to every day Joe) in Basel, at Aeschenplatz 1, in a very ugly round building, that has its own laws which not even the Swiss police can enter due to old statutes are going back to the 40s last century and central for any and all currencies world wide, you would probably not believe me. These guys wield power that makes presidents of countries look like children with a thumb in their mouth, wandering around in a sandbox.

To them Bitcoin and any similar crypto is nothing but a tiny annoyance, they presently try to control by various geopolitical and economical means, but the day it doesn´t serve them, it will only take one single meeting at said building and within a month it will all be over. Read: ICAAN and IANA muscled to stop the crypto exchanges at root server levels and so on...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 04:25:37 AM by thomasleor »

The following users thanked this post: MrPerfect.

MrPerfect.

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2017, 10:58:38 AM »
Guys, for these who follow..  buy!!!! A very thing related to ICO. It's a best time now and few month to come. While thing is being " regulated" it may be last opportunity for these who wanna inter market. Waves, neo, ether, nem, ..  attention on ripple... it came to stay.
    Devercify.

MrPerfect.

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2017, 09:11:42 AM »
Seriously. .. look closer to ripple. It's a swift made better. I hate swift! !! It's a stupidity over stupidity.
   Ripple has already become a reliable tool for banking system interchange. ..  make your own recearch. It was only a 50% gain so far for me, but it was most sequre investment up till now. It's 99.99% sure. Already integrated interbanking system of sending money.

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2017, 09:21:22 PM »

Bitcoin is up 7% in the last 24h. Every other fiat-denominated cryptocoin is plummeting.
Guys, this image speaks for itself. If you need the less dangerous approach, open a position in Bitcoin. If you are a risk-seeking investor, I doubt you can find a riskier investment than the other cryptocoins. The cheaper, the riskier. It's about the same as trading penny stocks in stock markets. Of course, investing in the cryptocurrency markets is one of the scariest things you can do with your hard-earned money, thus allocating only a tiny fraction of your INVESTING capital (I have invested less than 5%) is recommended.

Note that I haven't mentioned the kind of position (long or short). I'm only discussing the participation in cryptocurrency markets.
[re-posted from a FB friend]

The following users thanked this post: Reyth, MrPerfect.

scepticus

« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2017, 09:44:20 PM »
  "INVESTING"in Bitcoin with it's extreme volatility is for out - and- out gamblers and businesses hate currency volatility.  This bubble will burst . It is only a matter of WHEN !
Remember the old saying " If it seems too good to be true then it probably is "

MrPerfect.

« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2017, 11:36:52 PM »
Why in this world someone make analysis of any active based on 24 hour time interval? I for example looking this chart now. And bit coin is negative in last 24 hour, so what should l do? Sell?
    Or what about investing in actives that have no volatility?  It's a new age in investing? 
   Strange ideas , really. Who didn't invested in bitcoin last 7 years will invest on it on next 7. Best of all, it will be willingly or  unwillingly.  Same as you invest in inflation and no one asks your opinion,  absolutely same will be with bitcoin soon. Banks, corts, parlaments, governments,  insurances,  credit ratings, utility bills, tickets...ets, all will become automated and decentralised. ... funny things are to come.

scepticus

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2017, 01:40:36 AM »
My analysis ? I have made no analysis of Bitcoins . I have merely stated a fact-  the price of Bitcoins is EXTREMELY volatile and anyone betting on any extremely volatile situation is an out - and -out gambler . 
Governments will cease to have control over their currencies  and hand control of them  to speculators ? In your dreams ! 

scepticus

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2017, 02:18:53 AM »
todays price of a Bitcoin is  £4568   !  So my savings in £s is worth  4 and a half thousand times LESS than what i think it is worth  ?

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2017, 03:45:51 AM »
NO. Just btc is worth 4 and a half thousand times MORE than what you think it is worth.

MrPerfect.

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2017, 03:51:42 AM »
 Scepticus, just Google what you have written there, that would be enough to understand that you are not exactly correct.... hint ( government has no power over currency, it's a job of other organisations ). Hope it helps.
    OK,  bitcoin is a "bubble",  and? Should people stop to make money on it because of this? Do you know any other currency that is not a bubble? 
     My comment about 24 hour analysis wasn't directed to your attention.
    Speaking seriously. .. btc is just a money. This money have function to give "current accounts" , money transfers and refund policies to its users , and take stupid limits out..  like how much money you can have into your account or whom you are autorised to send it.
   Obviously prices are subject to volatility, market share of bitcoin is very small yet, so bit moviments of money do in fact affect balance between offer and demand. When everyone use bitcoin,  it will be most stable currency ever. But for that need to establish general acceptance. This is where it all goes anyway.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 04:03:14 AM by MrPerfect. »

scepticus

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2017, 03:40:50 PM »
kav
I got that bitcoin price from the internet so it is not MY valuation of it. I THINK it is worth only what someone is prepared to pay for it so it is worthless until someone  buys it for an acceptable currency. So, tell me, what do YOU think it is worth ?

scepticus

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2017, 03:57:46 PM »
Mr. Perfect.
Governments do have power over a currency as they have the power to devalue their currency . They also have the power to regulate  The Markets wherein these currencies are traded . That they don't do so effectively  is a separate issue..
As I have said before all currencies are based on Trust but the usual currencies have the backing of Governments - in reality their taxpayers  . Bitcoin has no substance  so is only a speculative currency used by out- and -out gamblers .
 Your view that there will eventually be general acceptance is illusory. 

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2017, 04:15:29 PM »
By general acceptance, you of course mean by the Governments of the world.  The only way that will happen is if they can profit from it.  To a certain degree, there is acceptance because Governments require reporting of large transactions or limiting the transaction size.  So for now, it is seen as a legitimate product for purchase.