BetOnline

Author Topic: The future of cryptocurrencies  (Read 688 times)

MrPerfect.

Re: The future of cryptocurrencies
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2017, 08:18:21 PM »
Risk with bitcoin is nestier then many people realise... it's a risk of being left out .

The following users thanked this post: Jake007

Jake007

• Mature Member
  • "Topcats often start out as underdogs."
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2017, 12:39:04 AM »
Scepticus... I completely understand. I would never do sky-diving :) way too risky for me yet people do it often with success. I do love roulette for the risk and also for trying to reduce risk. Its an interesting challenge we all share.

The following users thanked this post: scepticus

thomasleor

• Mature Member
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2017, 04:19:37 AM »
Jake, I think Real is trying to convey this picture to you of what he believes the outcome of not only Bitcoin but all cryptocurrencies are about to face in a not too distant future:

If I told you that said future is being decided in a little known place (to every day Joe) in Basel, at Aeschenplatz 1, in a very ugly round building, that has its own laws which not even the Swiss police can enter due to old statutes are going back to the 40s last century and central for any and all currencies world wide, you would probably not believe me. These guys wield power that makes presidents of countries look like children with a thumb in their mouth, wandering around in a sandbox.

To them Bitcoin and any similar crypto is nothing but a tiny annoyance, they presently try to control by various geopolitical and economical means, but the day it doesn´t serve them, it will only take one single meeting at said building and within a month it will all be over. Read: ICAAN and IANA muscled to stop the crypto exchanges at root server levels and so on...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 04:25:37 AM by thomasleor »