Royal Panda roulette

Poll

Does "Hit and Run" work?

Hit and Run is a good idea.
Hit and Run doesn't make a difference.
What are you talking about?

Author Topic: "Hit & Run".....until when?  (Read 1223 times)

Reyth

• Global Moderator
Re: "Hit & Run".....until when?
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2017, 04:45:06 PM »
Generally speaking, I don't think there is a method or bankroll that doesn't require SOME KIND of disengagement from the wheel that includes remaining at the table or even leaving. 

These behaviors do not necessarily mean that we are somehow hiding from the overall statistical truth but instead appraising the current gaming conditions and taking a remedial course of action. 

It really is dependent on the reasons a person disengages from the wheel; I think there is a such a thing as "blind hit and run" which is uninformed and "informed hit and run" which is statistically motivated.

I have proven over and over again that switching to a new wheel/leaving for a very long period (B & M) or resetting a session (RNG) objectively changes the focus of the random sequence for our session.  Therefore, "informed" hit and run CAN make statistical sense.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 04:52:31 PM by Reyth »

The following users thanked this post: McCoy

McCoy

• New
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2017, 11:12:20 AM »
It really is dependent on the reasons a person disengages from the wheel; I think there is a such a thing as "blind hit and run" which is uninformed and "informed hit and run" which is statistically motivated.

Yes and it's only the 'uninformed' hit and run which I deny has any merit. If you are dealing with just an endless stream of 'random' outcomes then the points at which you stop or start can't have any effect on your profits. I think Mr J named this thread as he did as a kind of mockery aimed at those who believe that it *does* have merit.

I previously explained WHY I moved tables. TO LOCK IN A PROFIT   !
I have also said we are at the mercy of randomness  at every spin. So just where is the contradiction?

From what Reyth has just written would you say that your hit and run is 'informed' or 'uninformed'? If it's informed then you are not at the mercy of randomness, but if it's uninformed then you *are* at the mercy of randomness in which case the point at which you quit is arbitrary and doesn't help to 'lock in a profit'. It would only lock in a profit if when you quit the outcomes were at the peak of a wave so playing on would result in giving back your gains. However if you knew when these peaks occurred then you are not at the mercy of randomness are you?
Hence the contradiction. I don't know how to explain it any more clearly so I hope you 'get it'.

The following users thanked this post: Reyth

mr j

• Mature Member
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2017, 01:55:40 PM »

"I think Mr J named this thread as he did as a kind of mockery aimed at those who believe that it *does* have merit" >> Its a gift I have.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 01:58:45 PM by mr j »

scepticus

« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2017, 02:20:31 PM »

LOL  !
Mc Coy. My bets ARE " informed "  !