Author Topic: Does A Series Of Short Sessions Combine To Make A Long Series?  (Read 4011 times)

Reyth

• Global Moderator
Re: Does A Series Of Short Sessions Combine To Make A Long Series?
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2017, 07:40:38 PM »
Hit and run is the same as a stop statement in a program.

Wow very nice Dobble!  Profound!!

Kidd

• New
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2017, 07:33:36 PM »
Yes, Reyth, you did have a Lightbulb moment. Dobbelsteen is right . We will never be able to bet the number of spins our detractors claim to “prove” that we are certain to lose  our bankroll .We live and bet in the REAL world , not in a maths textbook.
 Where I don’t agree with Dobbelsteen - and most others in the forum - is the  need  to analyse lots of numbers to arrive at a reasonable bet selection. I do agree with your view that Bet Selection is the key ingredient in gambling .

Hi Scepticus, Question: To get to the "key" of reasonable bet selection, what do you analyse other than lots of numbers?

scepticus

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2017, 09:20:38 PM »
Forgive me ,Kidd , if I don’t go into detail here as I have already been through that in my thread “ Scep’s Roulette  Strategies “ 
Basically . I use 1 of , or a combination of , 4 ideas .
1 )
Dozens
 The Nine Blocks , each of 9 lines of 4 and , in total,
covering all 81 possible results of  winning results over 4spins. Each of these 9 blocks give a guarantee of 3 correct  being in 1 of those 9 lines no matter the 4 results .Excepting zero which has a 1 in 37 chance of winning so we have the remaining 36 “ windows of opportunity“ .   
2 )
Columns .
As 1 .
3 )
The 5 in 7 for Even Money chances .
4 )
My New 3 Sets of Twelve.

As you should come to understand, I use very few prior spins before what these Indicate what to bet  . I still  need to choose WHEN to bet and what strategy to adopt .
This allows me to be comfortable when betting and this is partly , I think, due to me using Flat Bets.
As you will find out many in the forum  disagree and some of these consider abuse a form of argument.
Finally, the first 3  were devised by Professional Mathematicians . I have only adopted them for playing roulette .