Author Topic: Things that have made a difference in my game, what say you?  (Read 479 times)

Reyth

• Global Moderator
Re: Things that have made a difference in my game, what say you?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2017, 05:19:46 AM »
DOUBLE POST!

Yo Kav!?

If losing at roulette is like a business owner purchasing new merchandise, what's the difference between your store burning down where you lose all the merchandise at once?

Can you see how I need more clarification on this analogy?

I guess the point is that there is no difference, right?

Funny thing, I know of a man in a small town where I live where his grocery store burned down and the insurance company suspected him of arson and thus never paid him.  His business never returned to operation.

I guess this means to always have a bankroll to handle "your store burning down", right?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 05:29:20 AM by Reyth »

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2017, 06:19:39 PM »

YOU WANT TRIPLE POSTING!?  YOU GOT TRIPLE POSTING!!!

The thing about risk taking is that involves our ego in a very personal way.  If we are too attached to our decision, we can become over emotionally involved which will tend to blind us and interefere with our future ability to make even more crucial risk taking decisions AND WHEN ITS EVEN MORE IMPORTANT TO DO SO!

Example: We are faced with a statistically rare event and increase our chips to positively incline our earnings but the rare event continues, despite our rases!  If we are emotionally disturbed by this event we could over-react instead of patiently limiting our risk temporarily with the calm knowledge that the odds are even more in our favor for this session to end well.

Its the bolded followed by the underlined, that violently strikes at our core and learning how to properly deal with this blow may be the most valuable skill that a person can learn in roulette!

If human labor in an industrialized environment equates to money and wagering in roulette therefore equates to human labor, by wagering in roulette we are EXPONENTIALLY increasing our earning power in time and monetary amounts. 

WE ALL FEEL THIS!

Psychological Balance

It is said that while playing chess, the analytical & creative poles of the brain are working simultaneously.  I have discovered that in order for this process to properly manifest itself, I must have "an open mind" that is free from emotional interference but not emotional influence!  This is where gambling stress attempts to interfere in the process!

So its a real skill to be psychologically balanced as a gambler!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 07:35:15 PM by Reyth »

Rinad

• Mature Member
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2017, 05:42:43 PM »

AWESOME POST REYTH, WE NEED YOUR WISDOM. DONT STOP THE MUSIC.

BEST,
RINAD

The following users thanked this post: Reyth

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2017, 06:47:33 PM »
We all have wisdom to share which is what this forum is about! ;D

Rinad

• Mature Member
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2017, 07:31:34 PM »

YOU GOT IT!!!