BetOnline

Author Topic: hard losses dont make us bad players.  (Read 220 times)

Rinad

• Mature Member
hard losses dont make us bad players.
« on: May 07, 2017, 10:27:03 PM »

i sure had my share of them. it hurts bad sometime. it gives us a sens of being a loser, and even brings a sens of shame into who we are.
the truth is ; all great success stories have terrible losses and bad beat incorporated in them. losing money because you could not help it is one thing, but the other type really hurts.
the fact is; no one like to lose money by losing control of our game, or greed, or anything else that takes place during a trip. but we are humans, and sometime we have to fail our way to success.
other times, we are just not cut for it, too much for us, and that is okay too.
strange things can happen to us during a game. we become comotose ,become numb to pain for a time, or just change our minds during a game, and then wonder what the heck happen to our plan?
we re run the whole thing and try to figure it out. WHY DID I DO THAT/ WHY DID I CHANGED MY GAME PLAN?,ECT...
i  like to ear stories from all honest players and see how they deal with their own shortcoming.
thanks guys,
Rinad

The following users thanked this post: kav, Reyth, MrPerfect.

MrPerfect.

Re: hard losses dont make us bad players.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 11:08:01 AM »
There is only one way to win. You have to aim where you bet and understand target you wanna explore. In this case losses are result of pure constructed model of the game or not following the model optimally.
    There are quite a few things to keep an eye on, but expected result is worth it.
    The key to win is to blame yourself on your losses, responsible people have more chance to figure it out. I often hear " ball jump not as expected".. " ball beaten other diamond" ... " spinners are unpredictable"..  ets.
    More factors you live to a chance, more chances for you to have swings of variance.... folks call these " random" fluctuations, l call these " pure exuses".
        To deal with posible loss is easy, need to limit it to your session bankroll. Folks loose a lot not due to something external. They go and take more money to put in without realising why they have lost first.
       It's always good to realise why you loose or win, especially if you win... when win legimate,  need to press higher, when loss is due to variance ( and not badly made model), need to press higher as well. When situation do not correspond the model of the game, need to stop betting and observe.
     Bad losses are signal to think!!! It's a wake up call... sooner you wake up- better.

Rinad

• Mature Member
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 12:18:41 PM »

Mr Perfect, can you elaborate a little more on what you mean when you said" press higher" ?
the reason like you said as to "anderstand" why we win or lose is so important. i remember when at times I had to revisit my whole trip session wondering "what the heck just happen there?".
and the fact is that a player can derive slowly from his method/plan without realizing it until it is too late.
or even worst, i would see a betting opportunity open up and somehow got sucked into it not knowing that it was a trap to taking me away from my original strategy. many, many times, the wheel can show you anomalies that are very tempting and may be good to play but will confuse your game plan,ect...
but taking responsabilities as you said is really what will make us better players. learning discipline is a big learning curve. the nerves it takes to play long sessions can be overwhelming for unexperience players.
the ball hitting constantly the number next to yours over and over, and much more.
but winning for long streches can also make you feel invincible. until one day day the bottom falls off and leaves you wondering if it is you, a bad variance in the game, or a bad system that was bound to take you to the cleaner.
to be able to discerne and analyze properly the "reasons" for winning or losing must be regarded with close attention. thanks for sharing.
Rinad

The following users thanked this post: kav, MrPerfect.

MrPerfect.

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 01:42:53 PM »
 The thing is... there is almost no " random" in roulette. It's a deterministic system.
   However, players ( me as well ) sometimes live some of key variables out of control. Obviously player in this case has to blame only himself.
   Control of key variables require time to serify that nothing changed... it may be reasonable to economise on this time sometimes, to limit exposure to sec cams for example, however play for high unit in this case is not advisable. 
    If player is sure he has edge,  he has to press with his bets to profit better. It's time for money.
   Up as you go is a good progression.... in case of reduced variance , negative progression can make sense also. If you miss couple of times simply due to rare events, and you have high chance to hit on next spin, bet higher.
    Exact way how to bet optimally should be chosen for current situation present at the game.
It helps to collect data properly and choose at home how to bet ( create a model)... next step is just to fit model made at home for current situation at the game.
   If situation do not corresponding to the model - no bet.... ets.

The following users thanked this post: kav, juice

juice

• New
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 02:03:31 PM »
I agree, Mr. P.
Any way a person plays, self reflection, and sticktoitivness, and playing like you practice is the secret.
Rinad, as always, great topic!       Juice

The following users thanked this post: MrPerfect.