Author Topic: Ground Rules  (Read 827 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

scepticus

  • Hero Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 2055
  • Thanked: 426 times
Ground Rules
« on: March 18, 2017, 04:39:51 PM »
TABLE BANK
When Flat Betting we need to have a reasonable Bet Selection  method  and Strategy to   ensure that any loss can be recovered within a realistic  Betting Bank.
We should also be aware that playing roulette with real money is GAMBLING and so there  can be no guarantee of profit so should balance Risk and Reward.
I think that we Flat Bettors should  first set the Ground Rules for any proposed method proposed in this section .
I propose that ;
1 ) Any method put forward in this section should have been tested with real money in either a Bricks and Mortar Casino or an Online casino.
2 ) A Table Bank should have no more than a 20 times the amount staked on a spin.
e.g
The Table Bank of an Even-Chance system should be no more than 20 units.
The Table Bank of a method that bets 20 numbers on a spin should be 400 units.
To make it clear I think we should first set the Ground Rules. I invite any contributors to put forward THEIR views and ideas  on this.
ANYONE ?


 
The following users thanked this post: kav, Reyth, juice

Reyth

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3637
  • Thanked: 1137 times
Re: Ground Rules
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 05:34:42 PM »
Actually I am a huge fan of the Pivot/Parachute which is a flat betting system for 35 bets with only a 35 unit session bankroll required and over a 90% chance of hitting.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 05:58:25 PM by Reyth »
 

juice

  • New
  • **
  • Posts: 113
  • Thanked: 127 times
Re: Ground Rules
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 05:36:59 PM »
Scept, I started a poll a few weeks ago on flat betting, under the Q AND A section of this site, it gained very little attention, although I know you responded, thank you for that! Would it be appropriate that Kav move it to this topic?
Also, can we include a parlay in the ground rules? As long as it only consists of the initial base unit?  Thanks for your consideration .    Juice
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 05:39:17 PM by juice »
 
The following users thanked this post: Reyth

scepticus

  • Hero Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 2055
  • Thanked: 426 times
Re: Ground Rules
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 08:38:07 PM »

A parlay is fine by me Juice as it is a 1 unit bet .No matter it's length  !
About moving it .
1 ) Dane asked for a specific FLAT BETTING section.
2 ) Putting it in the Q and A section leaves it open to derailing posts from AP and Progression  Players.
Let them keep to their sections and us to ours and meaningful discussion might accrue.
Well we gamblers live in Hope don't we ?
 
The following users thanked this post: Reyth

Reyth

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3637
  • Thanked: 1137 times
Re: Ground Rules
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 08:41:01 PM »
Its very funny because at the very deepest analysis of Hope, we find that it is actions that we perform to achieve what we hope for and I am just about to make a post about this regarding human interaction and the game of roulette! :D
 

scepticus

  • Hero Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 2055
  • Thanked: 426 times
Re: Ground Rules
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 08:45:33 PM »

Reyth
It will depend on other Flat Bettors  what the maximum table bank should be. It depends, I suppose, on the others' views. I think the lower the table bankroll the easier the recovery. A 90% probability of winning is still a 10% chance of loss. And I don't like losing !
Thanks for trying to drum up interest.
 
The following users thanked this post: Reyth

scepticus

  • Hero Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 2055
  • Thanked: 426 times
Re: Ground Rules
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 08:49:00 PM »

Reyth
Matters unrelated to Flat Betting here are unwanted.
In short KEEP OUT !!
 

juice

  • New
  • **
  • Posts: 113
  • Thanked: 127 times
Re: Ground Rules
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 08:55:02 PM »
Scept I meant him to move mine to here, not here to there, but screw it, you are right! Try to deter anything not to do with a flat method! And yes we do, hope is all we have....lol
 

Reyth

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3637
  • Thanked: 1137 times
Re: Ground Rules
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 08:59:03 PM »
I guess its something along the lines of: "Don't knock it if you haven't tried it".

I will say that in order to develop flat betting skills, a person would have to work with flat betting a great deal and that requires a special form of patience, I think.
 
The following users thanked this post: juice

scepticus

  • Hero Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 2055
  • Thanked: 426 times
Re: Ground Rules
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 09:14:50 PM »

Not really Reyth
It is a case of discussing Flat Betting and Flat Betting only. Any critical comment is acceptable to me PROVIDED  it is to the point and not criticism for criticism's sake as has happened in all too many other threads. And YES I have been guilty of that  . I hope this section will be noted for meaningful  discussion.
( Assuming it gets off the ground  !!    Hope springs eternal  ! } 
 

Jesper

  • Hero Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 1141
  • Thanked: 552 times
  • Gender: Male
Re: Ground Rules
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 06:32:44 AM »
I do not consider parachute or parlay is flat betting. Parlay is a progression, as the method of increase the risk and keep the betsize the same.

The casino can restrict the betsize, but hardly the bankroll.
 
The following users thanked this post: Reyth

Reyth

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3637
  • Thanked: 1137 times
Re: Ground Rules
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 06:38:35 AM »
Wow that is pretty amazing that you consider the parachute a "raise"; although I have heard people calling it "an increase in risk" but I consider it a decrease in risk (probability, not monies bet) due to the odds of series.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 06:40:11 AM by Reyth »
 

Jesper

  • Hero Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 1141
  • Thanked: 552 times
  • Gender: Male
Re: Ground Rules
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2017, 01:09:34 PM »
We increase the risk of hitting, but win more if it does hit.   If we increase the betsize we increase the potential loss but win more on a hit.

Many methods are flexible, not pure progression or same bet.  If any went to a casino and bet 1 dollar for 35 times or a win, the surrounding will think it is flat betting. If that player not win and come back next day and start bet 2 dollars for 18 spins, the surrounding see a flatbettor, but is it?

 
The following users thanked this post: Reyth

scepticus

  • Hero Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 2055
  • Thanked: 426 times
Re: Ground Rules
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2017, 01:34:36 PM »

Sorry, Juice, I misunderstood you.
Why don't you post your initial post and we can start afresh. Some new members have joined since that  post.
Reyth can be second if he posts his 35 number method. I have no wish to run the show- just have an input .
 

scepticus

  • Hero Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 2055
  • Thanked: 426 times
Re: Ground Rules
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2017, 01:41:14 PM »

Jesper
A parlay can be considered a progression .I think it can also be considered a Flat bet because , if lost.it loses only 1 unit whereas most other forms of progressions can lose much more.
A matter of opinion and if we decide it  is a Flat Bet in this Section then that is OUR decision = not yours.
As aa matter of interest . Do you intend to participate in this discussion or are you here merely to criticise  ?
 
The following users thanked this post: juice