Author Topic: RECOMMENDED Roulette READING  (Read 892 times)

MrPerfect.

• Great Contributor
RECOMMENDED Roulette READING
« on: January 29, 2017, 01:47:33 PM »
 There are some useful information that can be found in the books.
  My favorite book list :
  1. All material from Jafco website. ..
  2. "How to visually detect bias wheels" Caleb Johnson
  3. " Handbook of applied multivariate statistics and mathematical modeling"
 4. " Roulette wheel study" Ron Shelley
 5. " The biased wheel handbook" Mark Billings & Brent Frédéricson.
 6. Billingsley " probability and measure
 7. Uspensky " introduction to mathematical probability".
   It's bare minimum for these who would like to persue advantage play as reliable income.
   Guys, feel free to add anything to this list that on your opinion is relevant or related in the field of AP roulette.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 10:40:07 PM by kav »

The following users thanked this post: kav, december

Bayes

• Veteran Member
  • roulettician.com
Re: RECOMMENDED READING
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 03:05:04 PM »
Mr P, I can't agree that this list is a "bare minimum". (3) assumes some knowledge of statistics and (6) is far too advanced and theoretical. Measure theory? You can't be serious. That's graduate level maths which very few people would be capable of understanding, even if it were relevant. The early chapters of  (7) are quite nice but again too theoretical.

I doubt very much whether Real has read any of these books.  And he's the first to admit that you don't need advanced maths to be an AP.

Also, since (2) isn't available (and I don't think Real would be too happy if you uploaded your copy) it seems that wannabe AP's are out of luck; they'll just have to make do with systems.  ;D

If your knowledge of stats and probability is zero, I would recommend some or all of the following books, in order of difficulty:

1. Statistics without Tears : An introduction for nonmathematicians -  Rowntree
2. Probability without Tears -  Rowntree
3. Probabilty for the Enthusiastic Beginner - Morin
4. Statistics: A Bayesian Perspective - Berry
5. Practical Statistics Simply Explained - Langley
6. Multivariate Statistical Analysis: A conceptual Introduction - Kachigan
7. Analyzing Multivariate Data - Green, Lattin, Carroll

The following users thanked this post: kav, december, MrPerfect.

MrPerfect.

• Great Contributor
MrPerfect.
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 05:59:05 PM »
 Bayes, do you see these " bla..bla..bla" .. that "water" in the books instead of information? These that l mentioned, at least from 1 to 5, they have less of that.
  In fact,  all of books are " unavailable " to some degree, but who search for it ,  will find it.
    Unfortunately, player needs some advanced stuff to win. Simple example...
 If sertain defects are present ( drop point or some other forms of " tilt") , there is a possibility to skip deep analysis and settle for lower edge with some relatively simple charting. But player has to be able to spot such a situation first, don't matter by wich means, and need some expirience with similar situation in the past.
   Mr.J , for example, already gave a clue for such a play in his " finally l got it" topic.

Jesper

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 06:18:12 PM »
Since most are in the stars, something that has been practiced for long. Can we put a pattern for the 12 images in the Zodiac. Should this fail, we can switch to Keno to fit better, if it is lean, we can take an American wheel. This and similar fill 1,000 books in the modern alchemy. The longest threads in all forums roulette is about time by exploring the wheel, but even the carpet. There are almost no limits to creativity here. Perhaps it will survive and even religion

The following users thanked this post: Reyth

Bayes

• Veteran Member
  • roulettician.com
Re: MrPerfect.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 07:12:12 PM »
Bayes, do you see these " bla..bla..bla" .. that "water" in the books instead of information? These that l mentioned, at least from 1 to 5, they have less of that.

Yes 1-5 are worth having for the aspiring AP player because they focus on roulette (3 excepted). Ufortunately most people think that statistics is just a matter of clicking a few buttons in stats software. It's not the mathematical details which are important but  understanding the concepts and interpretation of the results, which is sadly lacking even among many professional scientists. That's why I chose the books in my list, and they are not full of "bla bla bla".

Sprinkling a few formulas around doesn't make something "scientific" if it lacks basic logic.

Real

• Fighting the war on absurdity one foolish idea at a time.
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 07:22:48 PM »
Jesper,

There's nothing to be found in the carpet other than lint, ash, and boogers (those aint candy).

The real money is made by focusing on the wheel.

Jesper

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 09:33:38 PM »
Jesper,

There's nothing to be found in the carpet other than lint, ash, and boogers (those aint candy).

The real money is made by focusing on the wheel.

my last winnings is not from a wheel, a RNG is OK but not a wheel. Ok  wheel can be Ok, I do not use it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 09:42:12 PM by Jesper »

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 09:50:46 PM »
The amazing thing is that RNG CAN be a wheel, its just a randomized one where the numbers are all scrambled up instead of the order we normally see. 

This RNG "wheel" will also show a bias over spin results BUT I don't think that it matters how the results come out on this "wheel" -- I think random is as random does which means good luck trying to find a way to trigger significantly better than random results consistently.

Maybe if someone were to study this RNG "wheel" phenomenon, they could come up with an edge, I don't know... :shrug:
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 09:53:09 PM by Reyth »

Jesper

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 09:57:31 PM »
The amazing thing is that RNG CAN be a wheel, its just a randomized one where the numbers are all scrambled up instead of the order we normally see. 

This RNG "wheel" will also show a bias over spin results BUT I don't think that it matters how the results come out on this "wheel" -- I think random is as random does which means good luck trying to find a way to trigger significantly better than random results consistently.

Maybe if someone were to study this RNG "wheel" phenomenon, they could come up with an edge, I don't know... :shrug:

It can be a bias in any random equipment. Today they have methods to defeat it hard, so yes random is on any wheel or RNG.

MrPerfect.

• Great Contributor
RECOMMENDED READING
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 08:12:58 AM »

Yes 1-5 are worth having for the aspiring AP player because they focus on roulette (3 excepted).
3rd one is where the juice is ;).
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 01:55:28 PM by MrPerfect. »

The following users thanked this post: Bayes

ybot

• New
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 12:04:12 PM »
Mr P, I can't agree that this list is a "bare minimum". (3) assumes some knowledge of statistics and (6) is far too advanced and theoretical. Measure theory? You can't be serious. That's graduate level maths which very few people would be capable of understanding, even if it were relevant. The early chapters of  (7) are quite nice but again too theoretical.

I doubt very much whether Real has read any of these books.  And he's the first to admit that you don't need advanced maths to be an AP.

Also, since (2) isn't available (and I don't think Real would be too happy if you uploaded your copy) it seems that wannabe AP's are out of luck; they'll just have to make do with systems.  ;D

If your knowledge of stats and probability is zero, I would recommend some or all of the following books, in order of difficulty:

1. Statistics without Tears : An introduction for nonmathematicians -  Rowntree
2. Probability without Tears -  Rowntree
3. Probabilty for the Enthusiastic Beginner - Morin
4. Statistics: A Bayesian Perspective - Berry
5. Practical Statistics Simply Explained - Langley
6. Multivariate Statistical Analysis: A conceptual Introduction - Kachigan
7. Analyzing Multivariate Data - Green, Lattin, Carroll

I am with you on this Bayes.
Math matters a lot on purpose to acelerate a decition. We are few (I am not) who are capable to detect a defect and take advantage of it using visual and sound senses without taking huge data.
Data collection (raw and detailed) may double check an hypotesis or find a hidden condition working.
I have read most of MrPerfect books but I will dig on Bayes's ones.
Warm regards

The following users thanked this post: MrPerfect.

MrPerfect.

• Great Contributor
Re: RECOMMENDED Roulette READING
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2017, 12:40:58 PM »
Ybot, if you get kachigan book, send me... l wouldn't mind to have a look.

ybot

• New
Re: RECOMMENDED Roulette READING
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2017, 06:04:24 PM »
Browse it in google.  Pdf . It is free