Author Topic: Member profiles  (Read 858 times)

Bayes

• Veteran Member
  • roulettician.com
Member profiles
« on: July 05, 2016, 10:45:51 AM »
Kav,

A bit off-topic but as you raise this issue of information I notice that there doesn't seem to be a facility on the forum for users to link to their personal web sites. Is this deliberate and does this feature exist?

There are several members here who have their own roulette-related sites (including me!), so would it be possible to implement this feature?

My site is "static" so I don't have the facility to allow comments since there is no database, but I was thinking of posting a link at the end of each article back to this forum (my section) so that readers can comment and/or discuss.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 10:53:09 AM by Bayes »

The following users thanked this post: mr j, Reyth

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
Re: Member profiles
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 01:17:18 PM »
Hi Bayes,

The reason this profile feature is not available is to avoid spam.
In order to promote positive participation and constructive posts by our members, we have now made available this feature, along with customized personal text and title, for our restricted area members. Please note that the site will be visible in each member's profile and not in each post. We may change this when I find out how it is done :-)

If you care about roulette systems and have contributed to this board something more interesting than criticism, please Request Membership here for entry to the System Player's Exclusive Board.

I also hope this could be a motivation for lurkers to start posting. If your application is not approved, please try to participate in the forum discussions in a positive and respectful manner and apply again.

Thank you very much.
Kav
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 01:24:23 PM by kav »

The following users thanked this post: Bayes, Reyth

Bayes

• Veteran Member
  • roulettician.com
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 06:38:52 AM »
Thanks Kav, I can see the need to avoid spam.

I've just added my website url but it doesn't seem to be showing up?

The following users thanked this post: Reyth

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 09:03:24 AM »
Thanks Kav, I can see the need to avoid spam.

I've just added my website url but it doesn't seem to be showing up?
It shows up in your profile.
Like I said "Please note that the site will be visible in each member's profile and not in each post. We may change this as soon as I find out how it is done :-)"

The following users thanked this post: Bayes