Author Topic: UK Brexit - opinions?  (Read 4195 times)

Reyth

• Global Moderator
Re: UK Brexit - opinions?
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 02:05:56 AM »
Ya they even said it:

"With the recent introduction of the Euro, it is too soon to implement financial laws for all nation states but there will be a crisis and we will introduce those laws then".
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 02:13:53 AM by Reyth »

Shadowman

• New
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 12:59:06 PM »
Hi Bayes

The biggest problem that I have had with this debate is that there is so much misinformation flying around it is very difficult to sift the facts from the fiction.

There seem to be good arguments for both sides, although I can't help but get the whiff of 'committee' about remain,  which bothers me a little.

Mike

Janusz

• Mature Member
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2016, 01:03:56 PM »
I hope they will leave. We in Europe would have more agreements than now. No complaining about everything and every day.

What will happen to them? Who cares?

The world is coming together, they wanna go apart. So, soon they will be out of everything.

If Europe will sign the TTIP, where is GB? Who cares? they will have no market anymore. So they can live on their own. DonĀ“t worry be poor but happy.

Bayes

• Veteran Member
  • roulettician.com
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 05:14:03 AM »
You got your wish, and I got mine. A great result and vote for democracy. :)

The world is coming together, they wanna go apart. So, soon they will be out of everything.

Nonsense, and you should wake up and smell the coffee. This is the beginning of the end for an EU which has been on the rocks for some time.

The following users thanked this post: Reyth

Jesper

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 07:16:29 AM »
It seem that exit EU has won, The winner is Putin!

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 08:32:35 PM »
Wow, looks like more people that haven't smelled the coffee live in London or Scotland. O_o

I think I know how the people in Scotland got their accent.  It stems from the fact that men wear dresses:

"BRRRR! DAMN ITS COLD IN THE MORNING WEARING A DRESS! BRRRRR! BRRRRR!  IF WE STAY IN THE EU OUR UNDERWEARRRRRRR WILL BE THICKERRRRRR!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YQIA_FEe3o

Looks like I love all the people in the Midlands... :D

Dang, if you are not in the EU, check out how long this article is and see how profound was the EU influence on the country of Britain.  I mean just check out how long the list of questions about changes are, all the way down to the dang license plates!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-32810887

"How will leaving the EU affect the texture of my cotton underwear?"

And the list just goes on and on and on...  Get that scroll wheel ready!

Now what about all this talk about this whole referendum being overturned in several different possible ways? 

You can bet your finely textured cotton underwear that these avenues will be aggressively pursued and maybe even more avenues; an example was pointed out concerning Holland in the EU doc I linked to on YouTube where the EU created a commission & referendum that simply required no votes from the member nations.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 11:50:12 PM by Reyth »

Jesper

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2016, 07:17:46 AM »
I may be no Brexit, but the end of UK, Scotland  will have a new referendum, and Nothen Ireland may join Eire.

A long steady  way from an World Empire to a medium country in less than 100 years.

UK-21

• New
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2016, 07:35:21 AM »
A long steady  way from an World Empire to a medium country in less than 100 years.

At least we haven't been invaded since 1066.

I think we'll manage . . . . . .

Oh, and the chances of Northern Ireland leaving the United Kingdom are a big fat zero.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 08:36:55 AM by UK-21 »

Trilobite

• Mature Member

Jesper

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2016, 11:53:53 AM »
The main reason the referendum becomes leave EU, is the feeling of "invaders".  David  Cameron made a high stake, in using populism and lost.  I think they will strive to leave on papers, small adjustment, but have a status like Norway, not member but still not very outside..

UK-21

• New
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2016, 12:47:03 PM »
You're right . . . . the distance between the English coast and the Pas-des-Calais is not going to change, and there's rumour that we won't be filling the Channel Tunnel with quick drying concrete.

Most sensible people in the UK are keen to keep the win-win situations that exist between the UK and other members states of the EU - what we want to leave behind are the undemocratic appointments of member state commissioners (who draft EU reglations and directives), the  incompentence and mismanagement of financial contributions and the abuse of worthy concepts such as the free movement of people or common agricultural policy - apparently, if you own six olive trees, you can compliment them with a goat and three chickens then claim a CAP grant as a working farmer . . .

Most sensible people n the UK are OK with the concept of the free movement of people for the purpose of taking up employment in other member states, but the clue's in the qualifier " . . . for the purpose of taking up employment". What the public concern has been around immigration has been the vast numbers who have come to the UK from the EU who have little prospect of securing employment and no means of supporting themselves or their families while they're here. At a fairly recent count, the number of EU citizens currently in the UK was estimated in excess of 3m, or around 8% of the adult working age population - a hefty proportion. It's never been made public what percentage of these people actually support themselves through having taken up mainstream employment - which should be a fairly simple exercise of looking at the tax and national insurance records, although I suspect the reason is that this would be a very politically sensitive issue.

I've used the term "sensible people" twice in this post, as I'll be the first to concede that there are an awful lot of people in the UK who are not sensible, and will have voted both ways on the grounds of silly, illogical, nonsense, prejudiced and/or bigoted beliefs. Perhaps I'm one of them  . . . . ?   ???

No prizes for guesssing which way I voted.

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2016, 07:52:31 PM »
Its fairly obvious you wished to change some of the inane policies you mentioned and so you must have voted to leave.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 12:16:48 AM by Reyth »

sqzbox

• New
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2016, 10:45:15 PM »
What I have trouble understanding is the double standard that exists. How come everybody agrees that cartels in general are bad, that competition in business is good, and that diversity is a strengthening factor not a destructive one - and yet in politics they claim the exact opposite and want to develop a power bloc (cartel) and force "sameness" on everybody (destroying diversity)?

I also don't understand why the UK turned their back on the commonwealth. Why did they not make their own EU-equivalent amongst the member countries of the commonwealth? We may not have shared borders but I bet if you add up the population and the economies you would have a powerful bloc right there. Instead they basically abandoned the commonwealth completely in favour of Europe - and look what happened. I bet Queen Victoria is thrashing around in her grave to see the abandonment of her commonwealth. And the current royals ponce around the old commonwealth countries as if we still matter to them! Pffffh! Bunch of wet bus tickets - nothing more than puppets of the parliament. Strangely, I long for the days of a strong King or Queen. Weird I know, but there it is. I have absolutely zero trust and faith in politicians. Everywhere.

The following users thanked this post: Bayes, Reyth

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2016, 12:19:03 AM »
What I have trouble understanding is the double standard that exists. How come everybody agrees that cartels in general are bad, that competition in business is good, and that diversity is a strengthening factor not a destructive one - and yet in politics they claim the exact opposite and want to develop a power bloc (cartel) and force "sameness" on everybody (destroying diversity)?

Its basically peer pressure.  People who are politically conservative are demonized because those that wish to corrupt countries go out of their way to do so.

It has been said that corrupting forces only need to comprise 10% of an organization to control it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PSFUJPtClk

« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 12:54:17 AM by Reyth »

Bayes

• Veteran Member
  • roulettician.com
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2016, 07:47:15 AM »

I also don't understand why the UK turned their back on the commonwealth. Why did they not make their own EU-equivalent amongst the member countries of the commonwealth? We may not have shared borders but I bet if you add up the population and the economies you would have a powerful bloc right there. Instead they basically abandoned the commonwealth completely in favour of Europe - and look what happened. I bet Queen Victoria is thrashing around in her grave to see the abandonment of her commonwealth. And the current royals ponce around the old commonwealth countries as if we still matter to them! Pffffh! Bunch of wet bus tickets - nothing more than puppets of the parliament. Strangely, I long for the days of a strong King or Queen. Weird I know, but there it is. I have absolutely zero trust and faith in politicians. Everywhere.

Hear Hear!