Author Topic: Monte Carlo Anecdotes and Systems of Play  (Read 6391 times)

Romn.Paras

• New
Monte Carlo Anecdotes and Systems of Play
« on: November 17, 2014, 10:54:47 PM »
Hello Friends.  I wanted to share with all of you my copy of the book "Monte Carlo Anecdotes and Systems of Play". I was able to get it on a PDF for you all to read. I have taken some of the systems from here to share with you all who may have not had access to this book, or have forgotten that it existed. It is a very important book to the serious player and I recommend that you read this book. I take no credit in creating these systems. I only want to share with you what I have read and played.   

« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 11:01:42 PM by Romn.Paras »

albalaha

• New
Re: Monte Carlo Anecdotes and Systems of Play
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 04:54:56 AM »
This is an interesting book to read, in free time but has age old classic failures stuff. Good for beginners to be acquainted of how old systems were created and their pros and cons.

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 09:10:52 PM »
One must read book for everyone.
It's funny, insightful, it's about Monte Carlo, roulette and gambling in general and above all... it is free!
It also suggests some quite nice strategies for beating the wheel, that better than most one generally reads on the web.
What are you waiting for?
Download it now from Romns post!

Or just read it online...

« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 09:29:24 PM by kav »

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 02:49:11 AM »
Wow thanks Kav for bringing my attention to this!  It is a very good book about roulette.

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 06:22:15 AM »
Thanks Reyth,
I really don't know many books much better than this about our subject.

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 06:52:01 AM »
I like his method of 4 wins/2 losses quit with the labby backup.  I think that might be the best method in the book!

dobbelsteen

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 10:00:00 AM »
sure I shall read the book. It can be very interest to learn about the ideas from a 100 years ago

scepticus

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 02:26:30 PM »
Thanks for this book kav. The parts I have read so far are  interesting.
I was pleased that the author agrees with The Wizard of Odds, Ed. Thorp and myself that a dealer is unlikely to be able to consistently spin the winning area of his choosing . ( " The Dealer's Signature ". )
I'll have fun looking into some of his other ideas - other than the usual Labby etc..
I was amused to find in Romm's thread only a few threads  away that he wished us  A Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year for 2014 . How Time flies !
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 02:29:45 PM by scepticus »

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 11:21:52 PM »
Yes, indeed. One year ago exactly! :-)

Romn.Paras

• New
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 11:16:58 PM »
Hello Everyone!  I have been away for quite sometime and extremely busy with new business ventures. I wanted to take the time to say hello to all of you and that  I am glad that you are able to read this book. I absolutely love this book.  I have been working on a few theories in this book and making my own systems.  I have come up with a theory that I have been testing and have had some luck with it. 

Currently what I have come up with is a way to play the Fitzroy System for Dozens and Columns. 

Here is what I have done so far and by all means please feel free to add your input.

Ok.  We all know in the book how on page 142 and 143 there is an explanation how to play this system.

What I have devised is to play follow the last dozen or column playing this system but when we do win, we multiply it by 2 instead of the 1 unit to the total because the dozens pay 2 to 1. Thus this knocks the line down faster, and completes it and makes it more profitable.

So say we start with 1 unit.

we lose 1 unit on the first spin so that is notated -1

then we add another -1 to the total to recoup a unit for each coup we play so then the total is -2.

But just like the books says our next bet is 3 , not 2 so we play 3 units.  We keep betting one unit after that until we finally win.  When we do we multiply what we bet by 2 instead of the single unit. 

For instance if we finally win on betting 5 units, we add 10 to the total instead of 5 if we are playing dozens and columns.

This theory is in its early stage, but I have a feeling it can work.  Thank you Kav for all of your inspiration.  You have helped me to think outside the box and I would definitely like your insight on this approach.  To all of you out there have a wonderful day and look forward to chatting with you all soon.

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 12:37:57 AM »
Nice idea. Needs more research on my part.

Glad to see you back my friend!

dobbelsteen

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2016, 02:46:10 PM »
Why is the system not placed  in the topics of roulettesystems Afterthen I shall reply with my method.

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2016, 04:00:51 PM »
Hi, dobbel,
This is here because it was posted by Romn.
Please feel free to post your system in the systems board.

Romn.Paras

• New
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2016, 07:43:36 PM »
Hi Kav and Dobbel. Great to see you two gentlemen.  I recently add the Fitzroy Concept that I am currently working on in this section, just so some players who are not familiar with this method can refer to it in the book on page 142 or 143.  It is interesting, but I think the people who played this game hundreds of years ago, tend to have a very different outlook on it as we do today.

My personal philosophy on strategies are that there is a no "one size fits all" strategy. It is almost like someone  trying to lose weight. There is no magic pill that is going to work for everyone. Why? Because each of us has a different genetic make up and each of our bodies respond differently to the foods we consume. Same as in the game of roulette. Most of my ideas are from other players from the past, and just adapting them to fit my personal taste.

I absolutely enjoy this forum because each of you here have some wonderful ideas and strategies and it is nice to be in an environment where we can openly express these ideas and share what works and what doesn't with fellow roulette enthusiasts.  I respect each and every one of you and your ideas. We all have something wonderful to contribute to our brotherhood here and I would like nothing more than to watch you all succeed in your journey as well. 

I want to ask you all a question.  When or if you play the dozens bet or column bet, how do you play just one dozen or column?  Do you prefer to follow the last dozen?  Do you prefer to play the "sleeping" dozen?  Do you prefer to just stick with one dozen the whole time? 

I am interested in hearing your feedback on this.  Have a great day my roulette brothers!

TheGenner

• New
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2016, 10:32:10 PM »
The Fitzroy System has an interesting history. I am sure that Norman Leigh played this on behalf of several wealthy clients before he turned his attention towards the Reverse Labouchere.