Betchain usa friendly 728x90

Author Topic: Sergeant Pepper 50 years!  (Read 149 times)

Dane

• Mature Member
Sergeant Pepper 50 years!
« on: May 30, 2017, 03:45:00 PM »
On the 1st of June it was fifty years ago! And you might be able to participate in some celebration near you. Some of us were infused with this album from the Beatles. A mile stone in the History of Music. You donĀ“t have to take drugs in order to enjoy it! Or to be a long term meditator.

The following users thanked this post: kav, Sheridan44

Sheridan44

• Mature Member
Re: Sergeant Pepper 50 years!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 07:08:20 PM »
A Day In The Life.... "I read the news today..Oh boy....."

The following users thanked this post: kav, Dane

Dane

• Mature Member
Re: Sergeant Pepper 50 years!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 07:13:10 AM »
Yes, Sheridan44,  the songs are still in our heads!  As an amateur pianist, however, I prefer to play IN MY LIFE (from Rubber Soul). With its classical piano piece in the middle of it all! Great melody!

A Day in The Life... "I read the news today..Oh boy..." of course is more advanced in many other ways. Alarming crescendo in the middle of it all. Surreal glimpses and much more.

Reading the news  (first line) remind me of another great work from that era. From  THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON (Pink Floyd). THE LUNATIC is "on the grass".
Later the lunatic is "in the hall".    And "in my head"!
As you might remember: "AND EVERY DAY THE PAPER BOY BRINGS MORE"!!!!!
The collective madness - and the individual madness. One (former) member of Pink Floyd really had it coming with (too much) LSD. As we all know, The Beatles experimented with drugs too  :o.
Time to meditate!

The following users thanked this post: december, juice