BetOnline

Author Topic: Prediction vs Progressions  (Read 1173 times)

scepticus

Re: Prediction vs Progressions
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2017, 05:00:39 PM »

Reyth
So just HOW do you use intuition in decision making ? You either accept the intuitive feeling or use your brain to make a judgement. How can you use both  ? I think you are confused here.

Bayes

• Veteran Member
  • roulettician.com
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2017, 05:32:33 PM »
scep, I agree. Mr P says using both intuition and rationality is better than using rationality alone, but suppose your "intuition" tells you one thing and your rationality another? We all know that "gut feelings" are very often wrong. For example, after 10 reds many gamblers have an intuition that the odds on black have increased, which contradicts the objective facts.

MrPerfect.

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2017, 07:39:07 PM »
 Probably it's very " selective memory".. 
  But every time that l go egainst my intuition .. it ends up not that well.  It often tells me numbers, but l very rarely pay atention to what it says. Gess what hits 99% of the time when it happens. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 12:52:32 AM by Reyth »

MrPerfect.

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2017, 09:01:20 PM »

Reyth
So just HOW do you use intuition in decision making ? You either accept the intuitive feeling or use your brain to make a judgement. How can you use both  ? I think you are confused here.
l can tell you how it works for me. I do my best with my rationality , later if intuition says bet is not good, l cansel bet. Sometimes l feel compelled to put some more chips on some particular number, l do, often it save my game. Other times my intuition tells me to cover zone in front of my prediction as well..  this one sometimes work, sometimes not. ... thing with individual number " gut feeling" works always.
     There are other times that intuition says nothing , but l do mistake and cover split instead of streit up... in this case l load this number havily. Works 100%.
   Trick is simple... listen to yourself and sooner or later you can destinguish between your " mind" bs tolk and your real intuition. 

The following users thanked this post: Reyth

scepticus

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2017, 11:56:05 PM »

Clearly, Mr/ Perfect, you should ditch your brain and rely only on your intuition . It serves you better than your brain .
Incidentally, since you mention our " western" way of looking at things are you from the Far East ? India or Pakistan, perhaps ?

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2017, 12:58:13 AM »
When playing chess the analytical and creative poles of the brain work simultaneously. 

When lucid dreaming  (consciously aware that it is a dream) the conscious and subconscious mind is unified. 

When analyzing the flow of roulette to make a difficult decision when more than one decision is possible, a person can use more than just hard cold facts and data that is provided by their "right brain" to make that decision; a person can also use their creative "left brain" as part of the decision making process.

Playing roulette can be a balance of both "heart" and "mind", it doesn't have to be all "mind".

I might make a certain decision because I have had a really good night's sleep and I feel more in tune with the flow of the random sequence.  A computer has no ability to act in this fashion.

My subconscious mind has stored every single roulette spin I have ever made and if I am able to mentally/emotionally "tap into" that data to help make a decision, why wouldn't I want to do it?

The subconscious and psychology
In the strict psychological sense, the adjective is defined as "operating or existing outside of consciousness".

Locke and Kristof write that there is a limit to what can be held in conscious focal awareness, so an alternative storehouse of one's knowledge and prior experience is needed, which they label the subconscious.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that we all do this even though we might not realize it.

I also wouldn't be surprised to discover that using this natural ability in some form or fashion is required to be profitable in roulette over one's lifetime.

I refer specifically to recovering one's losses and how to structure one's bets to achieve the recovery. 

This is a difficult skill that I believe we all must learn and it consists of very many factors and all of them at once constantly; part of this constant demand on every spin, I believe, relates to some form and/or degree of a subconscious approach in making our decisions -- even if it means just spinning the wheel without changing anything.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 03:54:57 AM by Reyth »

MrPerfect.

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2017, 01:50:34 AM »

Clearly, Mr/ Perfect, you should ditch your brain and rely only on your intuition . It serves you better than your brain .
Incidentally, since you mention our " western" way of looking at things are you from the Far East ? India or Pakistan, perhaps ?
You first  win at least  as l do, then l will be curios about what you think l should be doing.
   I'm Russian born.  We are in the middle of west and east. ;) l can understand both civilisations.

The following users thanked this post: Reyth

scepticus

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2017, 02:09:44 AM »

I freely admit that I don't have the Extra Sensory Perception of you guys  . I see no evidence that your view  is applicable to roulette or you  guys would  be cleaning up .
I think this line of thought should be in the " Other than Roulette " section  where we could indulge our "inner -self ".
So I'll butt out here .

The following users thanked this post: Bayes

Bayes

• Veteran Member
  • roulettician.com
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2017, 09:50:30 AM »
Yeah I think the thread is degenerating into psychobabble, so no point in continuing.

MrPerfect.

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2017, 10:17:05 AM »

I freely admit that I don't have the Extra Sensory Perception of you guys  . I see no evidence that your view  is applicable to roulette or you  guys would  be cleaning up .
I think this line of thought should be in the " Other than Roulette " section  where we could indulge our "inner -self ".
So I'll butt out here .
Stop and think.... how many times l already gave you or others evidence for my words? You do not see because you choose so.
    I do cleaning up them ;).... it's up and down. .. up and down... but general trend is up...up...up...

Rinad

• Mature Member
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2017, 12:40:12 PM »

things dont have to always be black or white guys.

intuition is not so complex. your subcounscious retains more infos then we are aware of. this is a fact.
it is more a science then intuition.
sometime I feel a number will come out. it does or does not. not very dependable in my book.
can be used as a side bet but i would not depend on it to paid rent.

here is where I come from;
TRUST/FAITH.
MANY,MANY TIMES, BECAUSE I PLAY 1 TO 3 NUMBERS AT MOST I GO THROUGH A DESERT OF WAITING. MY NUMBER SEEMS,FEEL LIKE IT WILL NEVER COME OUT.
i make and tell myself NOT TO RELY ON EMOTIONS, i cant. i run in my mind and flash before my eyes hundreds of data, telling me NOT TO FOLLOW WHAT I FELL OR SEE.
i do it over and over and just play by TRUST IN THE METHOD ONLY, DETACHING MYSELF AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO GUT FEELING AND EMOTIONAL TURMOIL.

and it works. our detachement to how we feel is crucial. it always is to me ONLY ABOUT FAITH THAT I EVEN KNOW I DONT FEEL THAT I AM GOING TO WIN, IT IS JUST A THOUGHT.
reality is like a rock, no "I feel this or that" because I dont know anything about anything else but actual FACTS AND PRACTICE. that is to me what matters.
too many times i felt like it was not going to come out, that my number was doomed, only to turn my head towards a window, look up,look down, AND THERE IT WAS. NUMBER 11 JUST DROPED. BANG! another victory. sometime at the very last spin of my progression, when I began packing my stuff, and whoops,there it was. could not believe my eyes, but only actions matters.
TRUST IN MY SYSTEM, NOTHING ELSE.  surely, i have made side bets before on what i thought my gut feeling told me, but nothing concrete and dependable enough. just another small tool for me.
best,
Rinas

The following users thanked this post: kav, Reyth, MrPerfect.

scepticus

« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2017, 05:33:14 PM »

Sometimes we use terms rather loosely,Rinad. In the past I have said that I sometimes use "gut instinct" .This is when I arrive at a table to find that I would have won the last spin. I decide that I will avoid that table until later even though there is no logical reason for doing so if we assume that each spin is independent. While I called that "gut instinct " I still needed my brain to come to that conclusion.
But the way that Reyth ,Mr. Perfect and yourself  interpret " instinct" is that somehow you can call upon it to help in your prediction / s in roulette. I accept that the subconscious exists but I don't think you can call upon it at will
 I think you guys are wrong here. It seems more like that you are praying.

The following users thanked this post: kav

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2017, 05:42:16 PM »
I have only said that we all use some kind of "informed gut instinct" as part of the decision making process when a system has multiple choices available.  This is a human quality decision that a computer cannot replicate.

The following users thanked this post: MrPerfect.

Rinad

• Mature Member
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2017, 10:07:42 PM »

I will repeat my statement;  it is a tool that i use, but dont become dependent on it too much.
I agreed it is there and listening to ourselves is a good guide.

when I played blackjack it was very usefull. I dont know how many times the book said"hit, or stand", when I knew basic strategie said this or that. so I know about instinct.
it has its place. cant we just agree that it is a tool we can all use at time?

dont have to make it anything else. listening and awareness are just as good.
best,
Rinad

The following users thanked this post: Reyth, juice, MrPerfect.

MrPerfect.

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2017, 02:17:22 AM »
Interesting...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 01:06:19 PM by MrPerfect. »