Author Topic: Can we unlearn things that limit us?  (Read 370 times)

MickyP

• Veteran Member
Can we unlearn things that limit us?
« on: January 26, 2018, 07:01:57 AM »
Can we unlearn things that limit us?
How many times have you heard people say this: "He can't help it, he was raised that was." or "I was raised to do it this way."

Let's look at this scenario from a roulette point of view. Do roulette teaching/learning platforms give us reason to win or reason to lose?
Reasons to win will attract attention and reasons to lose will shut down any platform. In roulette the negatives outweigh the positives yet there is a constant stream of new players entering the arena. Each players perspective of the game is unique and is pretty much a reflection of how they were raised. When learning to play roulette pivotal moments in the learning process help define the players  "personality" that affects how they perceive the game.
"All systems will lose."
"In the long run you will lose to the HE."
This is a cattle brand on every players mind and it alters the players perception of the game. Are the above statements true? They will only be true if you play to prove that they are indeed true.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 07:04:55 AM by MickyP »

The following users thanked this post: scepticus

MrPerfect.

Re: Can we unlearn things that limit us?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 01:50:35 PM »
Game is set up the way that non predictive player loose, due to odds.
    If player disrupt odds, he may win or loose much more then expectation ( plus fluctuations).
  Start to predict and you will break paradigm of HE. You will be subject to players edge, be it positive ( on trials you are right), or negative ( where you missed / change happen. ..ets).
   It's easy. Start to predict.

The following users thanked this post: MickyP

MickyP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 09:01:28 AM »
The weather man predicts rainfall, wind speed,  temperatureso and so on. These predictions are based on amongst other things weather systems that may but not necessarily influence areas around them or in their path. The  same applies to roulette. In roulette predictions are based on something. You can not predict without a reference point. I agree with you MrPerfect, one should "start" predicting. I'm sure most serious players use some form of prediction to govern their game play. What draws arguments is the method of prediction used.

Examining the way you see and play the game can be of benefit. For me to ignore visual ballistics because it can not be learnt over a weekend would restrict further development. In the same way, using past spins as a basis for prediction works more than not. It's easy to learn and understand. If it didn't work it would not be worth discussing.

Please do not feel offended. I am not looking for the perfect way to play roulette and am not looking to shoot down anyones ideas. I'm looking to understand and learn from how we approach the game. Some players don't record their games; some players have their whole approach in their head while others prefer to write and keep record of the entire process so it can be analysed at a later stage.

What we all lose sight of is that we may be a collective on the forum but we play as individuals unless you are part of a tag team.  Learning as an individual is important.

The following users thanked this post: kav, Reyth

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 10:44:02 AM »
"we may be a collective on the forum but we play as individuals"
Good point.

The following users thanked this post: Reyth, MickyP

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2018, 02:59:44 PM »
Buzz Buzz Buzz — there’s another fly banging against a closed window... Have you ever seen a dead fly on a windowsill? Sure you have. At one time or another, I bet that you’ve also seen a fly buzzing so frantically against a closed window that it looked like it was trying to escape from prison. Drawn by the seductive light outside and fixated on what seemed to be its one and only path to freedom, the fly eventually succumbed to forces greater than its own. Ironically, many of these poor souls — and I’m still talking about flies— appear completely unaware that there were other “escape” routes available to them, such as an open door or window on the other side of the same room!

Although I’ve freed many flies from captivity over the years, I’ve also witnessed the remains of many who obviously weren’t so fortunate. Indeed, it doesn’t take long for many windowsills, especially around spring cleaning time, to look like graveyards for flies whose lives ended tragically and prematurely due to basic instincts that did not in the final analysis serve their best interests or highest good. Existentially-challenged, flies don’t have the capacity to learn from experience, gain insight into their personal circumstances, and grow or consciously evolve as a result. Flies, in other words, appear to be doomed to repeat their past mistakes no matter what or how dire the consequences!

Now think about how the fly and the behavior just described represent so much of life as it is lived by us — human beings...(Quote from Huffpost)

The following users thanked this post: MickyP

scepticus

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2018, 04:39:24 PM »
I think most of us try to Predict. Except those who rely SOLELY on progressions .
It really is a guessing game . But I think we need to make  Educated guesses not uneducated ones.

Real

• Fighting the war on absurdity one foolish idea at a time.
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 06:20:33 PM »
In the same way, using past spins as a basis for prediction works more than not. It's easy to learn and understand. If it didn't work it would not be worth discussing.

Can you explain  how past spins are used for a prediction in your reference?

MickyP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 06:25:13 PM »
Scepticus, You had me smiling for a moment but my smile disappeared when I tried to think of one person that relies solely on  progressions.

An uneducated guess forces you to either pay more school fees or quit. If the guess is uneducated then buy a roulette computer...lol

scepticus

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 06:33:22 PM »
Micky
I recall one member actually saying that progressions worked with anything - no matter what he chose to do.
And there have been systems posted  here with what I would call uneducated guesses .
( and AP insist that guesses  other than AP are uneducated LOL !  )   

DrTalos

• Mature Member
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 06:51:35 PM »
What we know (on each topic in our life) is in the same time what give us power and what limits us. Roulette is no difference.
  If we use what is considered 'true', and 'undebatable', as a barrier, we will never cross that border. And this is especially true if we use someone else knowledge to limit our 'vision'.

I always thought that life is an artistic experience, and we are unique artists. We should try and fall and rise again trying one more time till we find a solution, even if we do not understand how this works, how everything works. After all, gravity works even for people who do not know what gravity is.
  On the other hand, a ship that sail the sea can go against the wind, and this is quite contrary of the perception we have about reality.

We should always approach the roulette with a white board in our mind. Try a solution, discharge and try again, till we find a solution, an answer that works for us, for our style, for the time and the money we have, something that fit our personality. I appreciate who got a scientific approach, and I love who got a creative approach. What shouldn't be done is a scientific guy who tries to belittle the creative one, or the artist who makes fun of the smart ass.
  We should learn respect of other people approaches and attitudes, because from the invention of the wheel (read it as it pleases you) many "ignorants" found solutions while scientists were wandering in the dark, and all the way around.

The following users thanked this post: scepticus, Reyth, MickyP

MickyP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2018, 08:37:36 AM »
The forum is a roulette game to me. My opinions represent the little white ball that is the cause of much joy and frustration. Joy with a win; that's when I say things people can relate to. Frustration with a loss; that's when people disagree but fail to carry discussions forward with satisfactory explanations of their opinions.

What good is an unsubstantiated opinion? AP are great evangelists of this. We have to believe in their superiority or face a bombardment of one liners that attempts to discredit or derail discussions. System players are told not to waste their time as everything is simply a repetition of what has been said in the past. So, when is a good time for a new player to enter discussions on the forum? Never, according to AP stipulations.

CAN WE UNLEARN THINGS THAT LIMIT US? I believe we can.

I have responded to AP and have have engaged in discussions with them but I will unlearn that courtesy. I have learnt that they have no intention of freely teaching those who want to learn. I have learnt that their sole purpose is to discredit system players and to use forums like this as a recruitment platform. If I were a moderator I would be a lot more strict on allowing such conduct to prevail. Seeing as I'm not, I have chosen to unlearn the courtesy of reply.

The following users thanked this post: kav, ShadowBlue

Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2018, 11:02:26 AM »
I have learnt that their sole purpose is to discredit system players and to use forums like this as a recruitment platform.

Micky,

That's not really correct. Even when members like Real DO make more constructive posts (as he just has, including one about RNG), they are ignored and it's the "negative" stuff which you and other system players choose to focus on.

I know the same repeated criticisms get boring, but they only get repeated because the same mistakes keep being made, lol; the point is not to "discredit" system players. But to not give the "AP crowd" any credit when they do make more constructive posts just makes me think that system players don't really WANT to know about any alternative to conventional system play.

Maybe kav should start a poll asking members whether this should be a systems only forum?

MickyP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2018, 01:11:20 PM »
Mike, I really don't mind your posts because you put a great of effort into trying to explain the point you are presenting and you are prepared to discuss issues even with the weakest of players. Even when you were rude, you tried to explain your rudeness; good for you.

If someone that is willfully nasty at the best of times suddenly develops a conscience and treats you well, will you not be suspicious of their behaviour?
Agree or disagree. I reserve the right to associate in word with whoever I choose on the forum and ignore others I consider not worthy.