Author Topic: Keep calm and be a gentleman  (Read 119 times)

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
Keep calm and be a gentleman
« on: December 09, 2017, 05:18:40 PM »
Just a friendly reminder to stay calm and never take anything personally on one hand. And to avoid personal remarks on the other.

We can agree to disagree without resorting to heated arguments. None needs to enforce his opinion on others or prove others wrong.

If you feel that someone used foul language or made a personal attack on you, report the post to moderator (link below every post) and we will look into it.

We appreciate your understanding.

Reyth

• Global Moderator
Re: Keep calm and be a gentleman
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 05:30:59 PM »
I think the report function is very important because I try to gauge my repsonse (if any) on the harshness of the attack and the level of offense experienced (exhibited) by the one attacked. 

I tend towards doing nothing if possible and then simply editing the post if the attack is too harsh (saying nothing) and finally editing/deleting and commenting if things really get out of hand. 

I read every post.  I would prefer if there were no attacks at all and especially because argumentation is hard enough for the participants to deal with by itself.

I default edit any attack that is explicitly Ad Hominem.

Attacks on ideas or methods are evaluated as stated above.

I also wish to state that I am not perfect, sometimes I am tired and some posts are hard to read word for word and so it is possible that I could possibly miss something due to human error. :(
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 05:42:57 PM by Reyth »

The following users thanked this post: kav