BetOnline

Author Topic: Random roulette based on quantum measurement of the spatial resolution of photon  (Read 173 times)

heatmap

• Mature Member

Even this is too complicated for me to read all the way through but here's the gist

https://www.google.com/patents/WO2014118352A1

The line I'm referring to says

The present invention however, is explained in a context where a TRNG based on the quantum measurement of the spatial resolution of single photons,

Reyth

• Global Moderator
Isn't quantum measurement automatically in the 4th dimension and should even take into account the future?  Mmkay, and if it is we already know the path of light, its 100% calclulable.  So, it comes down to how we should define resolution and I am assuming this would be over the photon's entire path in time and space?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 02:22:48 AM by Reyth »

heatmap

• Mature Member
Not a clue ryeth haha

Reyth

• Global Moderator
They probably have a chamber where they are projecting light and calculating its path on a sub-atomic(?) level and using its "resolution" (no clue how that would be measured in a photon) to generate the random seed value. 

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the word "quantum" was basically eye candy that simply meant its "resolution" is determined by its entire path within the chamber (in essence a 4th dimensional object).
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 03:05:03 AM by Reyth »

heatmap

• Mature Member
@ryeth this is where I first saw anything related to the patent

https://qrng.anu.edu.au

Reyth

• Global Moderator
Aha, its ELECTRO-MAGNETIC & VACUUM based:

This result is due to the fact that the vacuum still possesses a zero-point energy. Consequently, the electromagnetic field of the vacuum exhibits random fluctuations in phase and amplitude at all frequencies. By carefully measuring these fluctuations, we are able to generate ultra-high bandwidth random numbers.

thomasleor

• Mature Member
Reyth, in quantum mechanics, YOU CANNOT DETERMINE the path of anything at all as even remotely absolute, as we deal with Heisenbergs uncertainty principle for any and all particles/waves in any given spatio-temporal continuum. Determinism is built on the concept of assured causality which is a misnomer in Quantum Theory.

The following users thanked this post: Reyth, vitorwally

MrPerfect.

Reyth, path of light we do not know even by 10% confidence. Light does react with electromagnetic fields. If you find old ascilograph or something alike, take magnet and start to move it around... you will see yourself.