Author Topic: who is going to be the next USA president?  (Read 4648 times)

scepticus

Re: who is going to be the next USA president?
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2016, 07:15:42 PM »
http://philologos.org/guide/books/golitsyn.anatoliy.1.htm

You are free to believe it or not, but is is not the Soviet Union that has restructured but instead the West's perception which is the true meaning of  perestroika (restructuring).
Reyth
You believe only what you want to believe . You have a closed mind . Selective quotes and sources
which  gives only a one-side picture and do not impress me. Most countries security forces try to recruit dissidents  in other countries - and political parties. You need to try and understand others point of view to get a balanced opinion.
Your  view that Russian Oligarchs buy expensive homes in London UK and other places  as part of a
hidden takeover of the world is the  product is a fevered imagination IMO.

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2016, 08:43:06 PM »
Yup my mind is definitely closed and will remain so until I die, thank God.

scepticus

« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2016, 09:17:31 PM »
Yup my mind is definitely closed and will remain so until I die, thank God.

Well we agree on that anyway.
And the thread's  question has been answered.
Incidentally, I have heard that Trump has indeed modified his " policies " just as I forecast  - and I had no need of  the aid of an ex KGB operative  !

The following users thanked this post: Reyth

Bayes

• Veteran Member
  • roulettician.com
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2016, 08:52:38 AM »
What  " The Left" are against is the unfairness of  current society  and very few discuss  the possibility of a Utopian  society. Most if not all revolutions in history have arisen due to this feeling of unfairness. Feelings of compassion towards the less fortunate may seem alien to you but not to many others.
You are entitled to your opinion but to demonise others who don't share your opinion is autocratic not democratic .

scep, I reject the implication that somehow left = compassionate and right = selfish. That's far too simplistic. There are degrees of political affiliation and I count myself as a "moderate" right-winger in that I believe that the state should be small and governments shouldn't meddle in peoples affairs or do "social engineering".  The differences between left and right reflect the difference of opinions in how  the reality of inequalities should be tackled, not whether they should be addressed at all.

The notion of "rights" is central. The meaning of this term seems to have shifted in recent decades. It used to be meant in a negative sense - everyone has the right not to be interfered with in their "pursuit of happiness". Now it seems to mean that everyone has the right to goods and services, even if it means those who have earned them are robbed in order to fulfil the "right" of those who haven't (so called "redistribution of wealth").

Look at the riots and protests going on in the USA following Trumps' win. But what are these people actually protesting against?

Democracy!

The following users thanked this post: kav, Reyth

MrPerfect.

• Great Contributor
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2016, 12:05:59 PM »

You are free to believe it or not, but is is not the Soviet Union that has restructured but instead the West's perception which is the true meaning of  perestroika (restructuring).
Interesting... l think autor of this book need medical attention .

scepticus

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2016, 01:21:05 AM »
What  " The Left" are against is the unfairness of  current society  and very few discuss  the possibility of a Utopian  society. Most if not all revolutions in history have arisen due to this feeling of unfairness. Feelings of compassion towards the less fortunate may seem alien to you but not to many others.
You are entitled to your opinion but to demonise others who don't share your opinion is autocratic not democratic .

scep, I reject the implication that somehow left = compassionate and right = selfish. That's far too simplistic. There are degrees of political affiliation and I count myself as a "moderate" right-winger in that I believe that the state should be small and governments shouldn't meddle in peoples affairs or do "social engineering".  The differences between left and right reflect the difference of opinions in how  the reality of inequalities should be tackled, not whether they should be addressed at all.

The notion of "rights" is central. The meaning of this term seems to have shifted in recent decades. It used to be meant in a negative sense - everyone has the right not to be interfered with in their "pursuit of happiness". Now it seems to mean that everyone has the right to goods and services, even if it means those who have earned them are robbed in order to fulfil the "right" of those who haven't (so called "redistribution of wealth").

Look at the riots and protests going on in the USA following Trumps' win. But what are these people actually protesting against?

Democracy!
Bayes. My “ implication” was not an implication - it was an accusation. If you re-read it I was referring  to the EXTREME “right- wing” opinions  such as Reyth was expressing.
 My political opinions could be referred to as “ left of centre” but some of my opinions would be classed as “ right-wing” by those on the “ extreme left” . I am opposed to both of the extremes.
I believe in human rights but not human wrongs and all too often these are mixed up by legislation.
I think the UK government should not build more prisons but build more Mental Institutions because that is where some offenders should be.
 Nor should young prisoners be trained for a vocation when youngsters who have not broken the law  don’t get the same opportunity.
 No FAMILY should receive more in benefits than the average NON-SKILLED wage however many children they have.
I have heard - but cannot believe it to be true -that someone gets a carer’s allowance for looking after his “partner” and the “ partner” also gets an allowance for looking after her “ carer” ! Bloody Bonkers  if true !
Your opinion is different to mine in regard to  social security. With changing  methods in production and services there is bound to be much unemployment and I think that common decency calls upon us to help those affected until they re-enter employment.
 We are not always master of our fate . As the saying goes
 “ There but for the grace of God Go I “ 
In matters religious I am an unbeliever but I am not always inclined  to “ pass by on the other side “ .

scepticus

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2016, 01:25:45 AM »

Interesting... l think autor of this book need medical attention .

I agree Mr. Perfect. Unfortunately all too many people blindly accept views that accord with their own .

Jake007

• Mature Member
  • "Topcats often start out as underdogs."
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2017, 11:45:16 PM »

I bet heavily on Trump winning with an average of 5/1 odds.. Took home about $30K. I used bitcoin on Fairlay dot com and the very next morning they paid out. I am quite impressed with them. I also made about $10K buying a digital currency called TrumpCoin for 3 cents before the election and selling it last month when it peaked at 50 cents. Ive now invested in Le Pen Coin (LEPEN) on yobit dot net. Will I win? Who knows. The coin is basically worthless right now and if she wins the value of the coin will skyrocket. The Le Pen coin is a gamble for me, totally different than Trumps bets as I dont speak French so I cannot do much research. Im just riding the wave with her. For Trump I did heavy analytic research on him before I began betting. It was a crazy ride with all of the daily news reports coming from both sides.

Will Trump be a good president though? He has an uphill challenge trying to fix decades worth of failed policies by previous administrations that are finally coming to a head. Immigration, trade, etc. What I see happening is Trump could end up looking like the bad guy if the economy declines. Whats happening here in the states is just a culmination of bad leadership of the past. Bush created NAFTA. Clinton ushered it in. Bush II accelerated problems with bailouts, Obama extended it with more bailouts and fake data like GDP and unemployment rates. And here we are. s***s gonna hit the fan  :o  Can Trump fix the problems? I *AM* a gambling man after all. We'll see!

The following users thanked this post: kav, Reyth

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2017, 01:53:45 AM »
I *AM* a gambling man after all. We'll see!

Dang Jake, you sure are! :D

The following users thanked this post: Jake007

Jake007

• Mature Member
  • "Topcats often start out as underdogs."
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2017, 02:20:21 AM »
If only I can figure out the elusive roulette wheel :)

I *AM* a gambling man after all. We'll see!

Dang Jake, you sure are! :D

The following users thanked this post: Reyth