BetVoyager Portal

Author Topic: Reverse thinking  (Read 11301 times)

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
Re: Reverse thinking
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 02:49:14 PM »
I can't be sure whether my way of thinking is right but if there is no limit to my bet amount i would divide my Bankroll into 40 pieces, bet on black and double my bet amount until i hit a R. Until i have reached 40 R (which will happen in 100 spins) i will have depleted my bankroll.
This is a great answer! Thanks and welcome to the forum.

scepticus

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2015, 02:56:47 PM »
Keep betting progressively-betting all your money on Black each and every time .Whenever red appears you are spared the bullet.Even reaching the House limit on Black you can still have another increase by betting all the black numbers as well as the limit on black.
I still think, kav , that you have an " ulterior " motive in asking that question. Asking pointless questions is not your style.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 03:01:55 PM by scepticus »

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2015, 03:04:35 PM »
The question is more complicated.
My long run theory tells me that after about 150 spins the ratio of the EC is nearly 1. The ratio 2/3  R/B is not likely. In this example betting black with a negative progression will bust you.
dobbel,
The win ratio is not the issue here. This is a hypothetical question and the ratio is a given of the problem. Please, step back a bit and try to read what I wrote again.

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2015, 03:10:10 PM »
Keep betting progressively-betting all your money on Black each and every time .Whenever red appears you are spared the bullet.Even reaching the House limit on Black you can still have another increase by betting all the black numbers as well as the limit on black.
I still think, kav , that you have an " ulterior " motive in asking that question. Asking pointless questions is not your style.
Great answer.
It may seem like a "pointless" question. In fact it is just a "fresh" question.
This is Lateral Thinking.
Lateral thinking is solving problems through an indirect and creative approach, using reasoning that is not immediately obvious and involving ideas that may not be obtainable by using only traditional step-by-step logic. The term was coined in 1967 by Edward de Bono.

No matter how hard you look at a wall you won't see behind it. But it you change your position a bit you may see what's behind it.
I think we are looking too long and too hard in the same direction of roulette and this hardly produces anything new.
I just tried to change the view.

scepticus

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2015, 06:23:04 PM »
I read de bono away back  when first published so I understand the point you make which is, basically , Keep an Open Mind.  I think that is what I usually do .I have posted a number of ideas on roulette which are not related to each other .They  have been routinely  considered worthless .Even by some who have admitted that they  don't understand them !
That said, I think that there should be reasoning behind any method posted here. I look forward to hearing the reasoning behind The Magic Square . Not believing in astrology I am initially sceptical  but remain open to being convinced.

BlueAngel

• I always express my opinion
  • Do you want truth? You cannot handle the truth!
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2015, 09:31:17 PM »
I can't be sure whether my way of thinking is right but if there is no limit to my bet amount i would divide my Bankroll into 40 pieces, bet on black and double my bet amount until i hit a R. Until i have reached 40 R (which will happen in 100 spins) i will have depleted my bankroll.

I think that the faster way to lose everything you have,your bankroll,is to bet all in,if you win,then put everything back again,so on until you lose everything!
You can't win all the bets,so just 1 bet would be enough to eliminate your total bankroll and not 40 like you said.

BlueAngel

• I always express my opinion
  • Do you want truth? You cannot handle the truth!
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2015, 09:41:34 PM »
I read de bono away back  when first published so I understand the point you make which is, basically , Keep an Open Mind.  I think that is what I usually do .I have posted a number of ideas on roulette which are not related to each other .They  have been routinely  considered worthless .Even by some who have admitted that they  don't understand them !
That said, I think that there should be reasoning behind any method posted here. I look forward to hearing the reasoning behind The Magic Square . Not believing in astrology I am initially sceptical  but remain open to being convinced.
Just a small parenthesis,the "Sun Numbers" (magic square) is not being related with Astrology,but Numerology.
Perhaps today is not being considered as science but remains the oldest of all sciences.
Mathematics evaluates numbers only as quantities,Numerology on the other hand,considers numbers as properties.
Just think about this,do you know where all numbers came from??
Letters are a human's creation,numbers are NOT,letters are changing from one language to the other,numbers are NOT!

Bayes

• Veteran Member
  • roulettician.com
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2015, 09:37:04 AM »
BlueAngel,

As far as I'm concerned numerology is pure bunkum, but that may be prejudice on my part, having never investigated it. There is no evidence that any system based on numerology works any better than chance, but if you believe otherwise, feel free to post some results and I'll analyze them for you.

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2015, 10:04:40 AM »
Guys please continue the discussion about numerology in the magic square thread.
Thanks

albalaha

• New
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2015, 05:32:47 PM »
@Kav,
             I can answer your riddle but need to be clarified on certain points:
1. Are you talking of endless play or a limited amount of spins where a session will be declared finished? Say 100 spins.

2. Are you sure there will be more wins than losses there?

3. Do we need to take into account all combinations of Losses and Wins?

4. Do we have a real world bankroll limit and table limit or we can fly into hypothesis as far as we like?

5. Are you looking for an answer of the given series of Ls/Ws(I hope not).

GameNeverOver

• Mature Member
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2015, 07:52:17 PM »
Question: what money management method will you use in order to minimize your wins?

Like BlueAngel said, we can bet the minimum. Or skip spins.

I'll add: we can have win goal ex. just +1 unit then quit.

Sorry Kav but creating and commenting on this thread is simple waste of time.
We should put more time and effort in testing of the variations and trying to determine their limits.

After that we can create a MM which will work best with them.
=GNO=

Harryj

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2015, 02:41:36 PM »
   Hi Kav,
             I wasn't around when you posed this question. I have to go with scep and sensei on this. The only way you can guaranttee to lose is to play a positive(up as you win) progression, without a regress for profit taking. ie. Raising your bet after every win until a loss swept everything away.

You do not say if the punter HAS to participate for a minimum number of spins, or if the original bet of each series has to be the minimum stake allowed. In which case further money management would be needed to stay within the rules. Sceps idea of betting on black NUMBERS would allow you to exert some control over the speed at which you lost.

Harry
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 11:07:37 AM by Harryj »

weird

• New
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2015, 05:06:01 PM »
WWWWLLWWWLWWWLWWWWWLWWWLWWWWWLLWL

since no rules indicated,

If I need to bet for minima win ,
 I will wait for a lose, as trigger, then bet 1u,
then wait again for a lose, as trigger and bet 1.

W
W
W
W
L=trigger
L bet 1=-1
W bet1=0
W
W
L=trigger
W=bet 1=1
W
W
L=trigger
W=bet1=2
W
W
W
W
L=trigger
W=bet1=3
W
W
L=trigger
W=bet1=4
W
W
W
W
L=trigger=
L=bet1=-1=3
W
L

win 3unit.
=============

or wait for two losses in row, as trigger.
then bet1,

result: will only win 2unit.

albalaha

• New
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2015, 06:25:14 AM »
Do not reverse engineer a given case because you won't get this similar case to play in even a billion spins. Reverse thinking and creating strategies after knowing where wins and losses are located are very different.

I will play this way or that way that somehow win this particular sequence is like fooling yourself.
I can say, I will play after 4 wins to begin, for two steps. Then i will play once after a WWW...................................... All these do not make any sense.

I asked some simple questions to KAV relating to this riddle but he preferred to not answer.
So have fun guys.

scepticus

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2015, 02:38:20 PM »
Do not reverse engineer a given case because you won't get this similar case to play in even a billion spins. Reverse thinking and creating strategies after knowing where wins and losses are located are very different.

I will play this way or that way that somehow win this particular sequence is like fooling yourself.
I can say, I will play after 4 wins to begin, for two steps. Then i will play once after a WWW...................................... All these do not make any sense.

I asked some simple questions to KAV relating to this riddle but he preferred to not answer.
So have fun guys.
  • Administrator
  • Great Contributor
        Reverse thinking  « on: April 18, 2015, 12:34:42 PM »     Question: what money management method will you use in order to minimize your wins? kav

My initial thought was - flat bet .Then I thought that it was a strange question so thought DIFFERENTLY .
I think kav posed the " silly " question to make us think DIFFERENTLY and to realise that there are different ways of looking at any problem. As I said earlier - I think he had an ulterior motive in asking the question.