I am not sure that on the BET SELECTION there has been any sort of consensus but on the progression & recovery, it is the following:
1) Bet 1 unit on 2 corners & 2 splits in two different DS
2) 1st miss, raise +1 on the corners
3) 2nd miss, raise +1 on the splits
4) Any further miss, start over with #2 until a total of 12 successive misses
5) If the hit does not bring a profit (or if 12 successive misses), perform #1 but start with 2 units instead of 1 unit.
POSSIBLE DIVERGENCE: The first recovery unit size MAY still be 1 here (2,3,4 etc.), I am not sure what Eddy thinks. According to the "Inside D'Alembert Guy", the unit size should be two (2,4,6 etc.).