Author Topic: Bankroll?  (Read 139 times)

MickyP

• New
Bankroll?
« on: November 13, 2017, 08:36:32 AM »
How much bankroll do players have at their disposal to sustain their game play?

Do you divide your bankroll into smaller amounts as a type of stop loss ?

What percentage of your bankroll is your target win for a session or a day?

Do you grow your bankroll with your winnings?

How do you use your bankroll to recoup losses if your game play requires you to recoup losses?

Any bankers in the house that can assist with answering the above?

The following users thanked this post: vitorwally

MrPerfect.

Re: Bankroll?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 10:41:45 AM »
 Bankroll need for 1 thing only - survive drowdowns.  When you play , you often suffer consequtive losses spin after spin. Even if you are playing with advantage, on the short run you can be simply unlucky and catch negative edge fluctuatons.  Nature of these is simply losses few spins on the row, bankroll is amount of money your method will require to survive these phenomenon. 
   It's a very good idea to let your bankroll grow over the time.  Just make sure that you got  a genuine method that provides you with player edge, if not - play for fun and spend any winnings that may come on your family.

The following users thanked this post: MickyP

thomasleor

• Mature Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 12:04:36 PM »
Apply the simplest BR formula I call NUBS

Bankroll = (N*U*BS)

N=  Maximum Number of consequtive losses accepted
U = Unit size
BS = Betselection. i.e amount of units made in each  bet

Example Having a betprotocol you believe in you approach a session with following criteria:

12(N)*10$(U)*14(BS)=1,400 $ (Needed Bankroll)

By knowing the exact amount of consecutive losses your protocol can accept taking  on a really bad variance you do not splurge your bets, keep a strict bet discipline and know that your stop loss is basically your bank roll.

What you aim as profit depends on your bet protocol/system/platform. Personally I never go under 50% return but usually land somewhere between 100-150% the risked BR.

You can see an example of NUBS implemented in one of my VRTech platforms used by my own Team over at VRTech.

Pretty self-explanatory.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 12:55:02 PM by thomasleor »

The following users thanked this post: MrPerfect., MickyP

MrPerfect.

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 12:49:50 PM »
 I really like to read your posts lately,  Thomas.
  ;).

The following users thanked this post: Reyth

thomasleor

• Mature Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 12:51:12 PM »
Thank you MrP. Yours are not so bad either. Keep up the good job.

The following users thanked this post: Reyth, MrPerfect.

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 03:38:28 PM »
How much bankroll do players have at their disposal to sustain their game play?  The more the better.  I always want to have the maximum amount that I should expect to encounter in the worst drawdown.

Do you divide your bankroll into smaller amounts as a type of stop loss ?  I set loss tiers and recovery goals.

What percentage of your bankroll is your target win for a session or a day? My goal is to make at least what I earn in a single day's work at a job.  Haven't gotten there yet, so I make as much as I can per day.  I quit if I start getting tired and am prone to mistakes.

Do you grow your bankroll with your winnings? I want to re-invest my winnings until I have a Fail-Safe Bank (double bankroll).  Every doubling thereafter can be used to increase the unit size.

How do you use your bankroll to recoup losses if your game play requires you to recoup losses?  That's the revovery tiers and goals.

The following users thanked this post: MickyP

MickyP

• New
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 07:24:15 PM »
Once again, very informative response to the questions. I have realised that one's bankroll is the backbone of any system or game plan irrespective of your approach to the game. It all starts and ends with your bankroll.

Thomas, I find your method of calculating bankroll needed intriguing and will look into it to possibly be used as a point of reference going forward.I take it that the equation will apply to online as well as B/M tables.

"The bigger the bankroll the better", can create a sense of false security that will have you bending your own rules to chase that elusive win. Your bankroll like the rest of your game play should be calculated or defined with specific boundaries that must not be compromised. "Random" will always be there tomorrow for you to reapply your revised game plan.

The following users thanked this post: Reyth

Reyth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 08:22:56 PM »
Right.  A session loss is a VERY small amount (the smaller the better) compared to my actual bankroll and I enforce it 100%.

The reason for the huge bankroll is not to extend individual sessions but to withstand the potential difficulties in recovery.

MickyP

• New
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 08:35:12 PM »
Understood. Boils down to discipline.