Royal Panda roulette

Author Topic: What really happened to Greece?  (Read 530 times)

thomasleor

• Mature Member
What really happened to Greece?
« on: June 07, 2017, 09:41:50 AM »

Having recently watched Simon Reeve´s splendid but still "tragic" travel documentary on Greece, with everything from its breathtaking landscape from south to north including its marvelous islands to its poverty stricken population and rampant decline into a sociopolitical chaos, one cannot help but wonder,

what really happened to Greece?

I mean, how could a nation and cradle of our contemporary western society and its basic democratic values to its language and culture, itself be so...lost?

For sure, the Greek "soul" is one of great intelligence but with time, contrary to the Italians who used theirs to create great art works and beauty, or with the French who combined brilliant rhetoric with scientific excellence, or the German unparalleled inventive mind combined with the grit to put into production what was brought forth, the Greeks...just .."partyed" away their entire legacy. All this on the price and well-being of their children, which they claim to cherish above all things.

Well, it is these children now that are out on the streets, demonstrating, spitting on politicians and generally destroying the remaining ruins of this once great nation and inspiration to our contemporary society.

Based on this, one could say that Greeks has no premise, or will, to invent, to produce, or perpetuate a good and equal society for all. They don´t care about paying taxes because they consider their private economy as something not being a part of the state they expect to take care of them with extremely early retirements and benefits, not even the richest nations in Europe enjoys.

It is in a way a people that are about to die under a great burden of debt they can never pay back, and consequently under this mathematically unsolvable Gordian knot, having enslaved their souls on the altar of short-sighted greed and corruption, vanish from the map of Europe. The final proof of this, is just a matter of time, not probability.

It is like any ancient Greek tragicomical drama - a good beginning, a violent middle and a most tragic end,  that no tears of suffering can ever cure.

I believe most Greeks are aware of this in their inner core, and with the genes within them from ancient times, they stoically and mulishly await the end, rather than create their own new beginning of a brave and bright new Greece.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 10:25:30 AM by thomasleor »

The following users thanked this post: Jake007

MrPerfect.

Re: What really happened to Greece?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 12:03:23 PM »
Are you Greek?  Why blame Greeks on roulette forum? The country have been monetary and politically assassinated.  You know it , don't you?
 Same thing happened with my contry and many others.
   I can not speak about Greece,  only information l got is from newspapers and TV,  l do not trust these much as reliable.... but some things are undeniable.  Debt has been created to support EU itseft , euro and it's unrealistic regulations... 
    Greeks used to live reasonable before euro, economy was OK,  pensions... ets. They didn't produce produce much, but to support lifestyle it was enough.  Turist business was helping as well... seaside didn't go anywhere, olives as well.
   Think about Russian investment in the country. Most hotels and stuff belongs to whom?  Money coming in , Bro. 

The following users thanked this post: kav, Jake007

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 04:22:08 PM »
Thomas,
Intelligent people know better than to believe as truth anything the media serves them.
Things are much more subtle and complicated than they appear.
And definitely a "partying Greece" has nothing to do with the reality of Greece and Greeks - it is a totally false image.

The following users thanked this post: Jake007

Jake007

• Mature Member
  • "Topcats often start out as underdogs."
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 08:44:46 PM »
Kav, I see it every day "intelligent" people in America actually believe as truth the media. I woke up almost 20 years ago. First thing my wife said to me when she turned on an American TV and flipped through the channels... "did you know your media is controlled by the government?" I didnt believe it until she said "Look at every channel... 2,4,5,7,9,11 and 13. They all have the same news in the same order. Thats how it was during soviet union."

The following users thanked this post: kav, scepticus

thomasleor

• Mature Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 07:31:28 AM »
KAV wrote "Thomas,Intelligent people know better than to believe as truth anything the media serves them.Things are much more subtle and complicated than they appear.And definitely a "partying Greece" has nothing to do with the reality of Greece and Greeks - it is a totally false image."

Intelligent people know better?

It is no secret that greeks themselves think they are living in a nation of beggars (as one greek expressed in the documentary). Heck, having myself distant greek relatives on my mothers side, I know for a fact from our gatherings once a year, how really bad things are in this dying nation of unbelievable inequality, financial decay and corruption.

This nice article by non main stream "media"  presents some interesting facts of the current status quo.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-06/98-greeks-consider-their-economic-situation-bad-survey-says

What ís even more interesting is that I could dig up a hundred more articles of similar grim overview on the current and rapid decline of this once great nation.

As you are a Greek, I can understand your mulish denial of your country´s current dilemma. If you think things will get better than they presently are, you really have bought into the very illusion you ve created for yourselves.

Intelligent people know when the ground beneath them starts sinking.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 08:47:52 AM by kav »

kav

• www.Roulette30.com
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 08:53:31 AM »
You are confused.
Greece having financial troubles is one thing. None doubts this.
The analysis of the problem (reasons, solutions etc.) is another thing.
I f you think you have a better understanding of the problem than Greeks themselves, just because you read some articles and watched a documentary, this speaks more about your arrogance and ignorance that about the Greek crisis.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 09:27:45 AM by kav »

thomasleor

• Mature Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 09:05:29 AM »

I don´t need to show a Greek I know better than him (or them). The mess you have created for yourselves is soon about to devour your nation to such a degree, not one single household will be able to stay unaffected by the coming deluge. Not even the posh ones in Kifissia, or Palaio Psychico Athens.

Knowing my distant relatives and their ways, and from my own recent travels to the Islands as well as Athens and Larissa, I know from what I have seen with my own eyes, that Greece is pretty much over as a nation of civic and fiscal stability.

As I said before, and I may use this alternate way of expressing your dilemma. A greek will never confess his ship is sinking. Singular pride and stubbornness prohibits said fact.

It is you, friend that is confused if you do not see the present strange attractors that on a monthly basis drives your country over the cliff and down into the abyss of complete entropy, chaos and destruction.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 09:09:17 AM by thomasleor »

MrPerfect.

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 12:41:58 PM »
 Theo,  there are no strange atractors. It's a term invented by lazy pceudo - cientists to mask their math and stats impotence. 
   Let's call things by their real names, shouldn't we? In roulette these are variables , wich can be collected , studied and accounted; in case of Greece it's payments for a debt. Nothing strange about these, anyone who wanna see, will see them , be able to quatnifty and account for these.

petespin

• Mature Member
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 03:23:14 PM »
hi as a greek i have to point out that for atleast the last 50 years , all ALL politicians that govern the greece they did that with the worst manner , i think now its too late for greece ........

scepticus

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 05:50:20 PM »

The plain, blunt truth is that Greece did not meet the criteria to join the EU.. The figures were fiddled to allow it to do so. Having  accepted  Greece as a member of the EU the European Central Bank had the duty to help the Greek Bank. It didn't . Instead it shafted it causing a run on the bank . Disgraceful !
The financial. system in the West is corrupt with  about 1% controlling about  75% of the wealth and Governments cannot - or will not - control them . Instead they seem to suck up to them and impose Austerity on the rest of us to pay for the benefit of the 1 % . 
It is not just Greece that is in trouble but much of the West ,too, with accumulated and accumulating debt being used to cover up the cracks in the structure.
Something has to give before the Bubble bursts again .Naked greed cannot be allowed to destroy societies.

The following users thanked this post: MrPerfect.